Chapter 8

(Ali's P.O.V)

As I sit in Ava's car on my way to school, my mind drifts back to the text on Dylan's phone. Who did he meet last night and why didn't he tell me? I sigh loudly only to remember that I wasn't the only one in the car.

"What's wrong?" Ava asks me.

"Nothing." I brush off.

"Come on Ali, don't be daft, clearly something is up." she pushes me, why does she have to know me so well?

"I don't know, I found a text on Dy-Ethan's phone, I'm assuming it was from a girl because she was going on about how nice it was to meet him and that she'd like to do it again," I blurt out all in one breath. I hope she didn't notice my little stutter when I was about to call Dylan by his real name.

Ava turns to look at me with a smirk on her face. Okay, I think the coast is clear.

"You really like him don't you?"

"What? No, we're just friends," I lie.

"Friends don't get jealous of when their friends see other people," she says with a mischievous smile on her lipgloss coated lips.

I sigh loudly once more and notice that we're already at school. I quickly open the door and jump out of the car. Spotting Mollie in one of the nearby benches, I scurry over in her direction in the hopes that this will keep detective Ava from interrogating me any further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dylan's P.O.V)

I wake up and see a beautiful sleeping Ali, turning to look at the clock I notice that it's four o'clock in the morning, I must have fallen asleep. I can't possibly stay here because I need some fresh clothes for school tomorrow.

Reluctantly I untangle myself from Ali's grip and give her a chaste kiss on the forehead. I quietly make my way out the door and tiptoe my way back to my car. I never knew that it was this cold early in the morning, little shining stars are scattered all over the navy blue sky.

*

Finally arriving at my house, I reach into my pocket to pull out my phone to leave Ali a text explaining why I wasn't there. Crap, where is my phone? I search all four of my pockets and still nothing, I must have left it at Ali's house. I guess I'll just have to explain to her at school.

But for now, I'll embrce the measly amount of time I have left to sleep until school tomorrow, or today. Whatever you want to class it.

As I park my car in the lot, I saunter into school and head towards my first class. I have Geography first even though I wish I didn't. I don't know what it is with Ms Taylor but she just really hates me for no apparent reason.

"Mr. Chase, you're late, that's a detention!" exclaims Ms Taylor. Didn't I tell you? The woman is a psycho.

"Yeah, whatever," I mutter under my breath, maneuvering past the front tables until I reach the back of the room. Elliot smiles at me as I take a seat next to him and Jake.

I look at the front of the class and notice that Ms Taylor is glaring icily at me. Jesus, what is her problem? She need seriously need to learn to relax a little.

"Right, anyway class, I'd like you all to give a warm welcome to our new student, Haley Miller." Oh fuck, could my day get any better?

I hear wolf whistles around the class and shudder at the thought, if only they knew what lies beneath that pretty face. I can feel her eyes on me and I already know I'm not going to get rid of her that easily.

"Hey there handsome," she whispers, sitting on the chair beside mine. I scowl at her and look away. She runs her finger up my arm and I freeze, "come on, the teacher said you're meant to give me a warm welcome."