Chapter 27

(Ali's P.O.V)

It's around eight in the evening and we all sit in a circle on Dylan's L-shaped couch just as the sound of thunder errupts from outside. I guess there's a thunderstorm coming.

With me being the food-obsessed person I am, I suggested that instead of alcohol we would use pizza as our prop during this game. Everyone agreed with my idea and so here we are.

"Ok, I'll go first," speaks Jake, "never have I ever had sex in a pool." He glances over at Dylan and I while wiggling his brows, my face instantly turns a beet red as I remember the way they walked in on us.

Couldn't they have picked a better time?

"Well go on then, take a bite." He urges and Dylan scowls at him, Alex chuckling lightly.

"No? Ok. Well, never have I ever been physically abused." Alex speaks this time and pauses as he waits for an answer. Dylan's head turns to me as he takes a huge bite off his slice, instinctively I know exactly what he's on about. I punch his arm again to prove my theory. He grins and I glare menacingly at him.

"Never have I ever got it on with a person more than twice my age." I mutter randomly, not really expecting the current outcome; Jake holds up his slice and takes a bite. Not wanting him to elaborate any further, I shoot him a disgusted look and he grins.

"What? I can't help being irresistible." He winks and I scoff.

"Dude, that's messed up," Alex chips in and Jake doesn't seem the least bit affected. It is now Dylan's turn.

"Never have I ever told a lie to someone I love." He mutters and from the corner of my eye I can tell he's looking at me. Is this aimed at me? Does it have something to do with the events that took place this afternoon? Well, if he wants to play that game then bring it on.

In accordance to game rules, I take a bite and so does everyone else. I narrow my eyes at Dylan, could this someone, possibly be me? Has he ever lied to me?

"Never have I ever been out of the country." Jake speaks and everyone takes a bite, except for me.

"You've never been abroad?" Dylan asks, bringing my attention to him.

"My parents are busy," I shrug as if that should do all the explaining. Dylan's eyes suddenly soften and I'm glad that he doesn't press on the matter.

"Never have I ever been walked in on by a friend," Alex shudders and we all watch Jake taking a bite of his pizza. Well, I guess we can all establish what went on there, no need for explanations.

"Never have I ever cried myself to sleep." Is the next one up and I'm the only one who takes a bite this time. I look around and all the boys shoot curious glances at me.

"Crying is for pussies," Jake quips and turns to look at Dylan.

"What? I've never cried." He defends.

"Surely you have, at least once?" I try to reason but Dylan just shakes his head. What kind of heartless monster is he? Dylan picks up on my horrified expression and takes it as his turn to speak up.

"It would just have to be something extremely heartbreaking for me to cry. I don't know, it just doesn't come naturally to me. I guess I just don't know how to," he shrugs and I eye him skeptically. Something extremely heartbreaking? Well, that's a bit extreme.

We ask each other random and pointless questions while laughing away and eating tonnes of pizza, this went on for about two hours until the thunderstorm got so bad that Jake and Alex couldn't even go outside to their cars, meaning, neither could I.