Chapter 5

(Ali's P.O.V)

I wake up with the sunlight streaking in through the window and onto my face. Lazily opening my still sleepy eyes, I instantly notice that I'm in a room that I don't recognise as my own.

I sit up quickly only to be knocked back down by a throbbing pain inside my head. Groaning, I realise that this must be what it feels like to be hungover. My head feels like there has been a hole drilled into it and someone threw rocks in there and every time I move, they rattle around making my brain hurt like hell. I feel like death right now.

Eerily, the wooden door swings open to reveal a shady character. My heart starts to race and my palms begin to sweat. The thought I had been kidnapped and was now going to be murdered comes into my head. Okay Ali, this is it, your short lived life has finally come to an end.

I mentally slap myself. No, I refuse to die right now. All this time I've worked so hard on my grades only for my life to be cut short? Hell no, I'm fighting back.

I keep my eye locked on this mysterious stranger as he steps closer to me. I clench my fists and dart my eyes around the room, looking for a place to escape. Before I could even move, the streak of light that was shining from the window illuminates the character, only to reveal that it's--

"Ethan?" I ask, confused.

"Oh, you're awake," he answers, sitting down at the end of the Queen-sized bed, making it dip a little.

"Where am I and what are you doing here?" I ask, still oblivious to the fact as to why I'm in this strange room with this annoying boy that really pushes all of my buttons.

"You're in my bedroom," he chuckles. What? What the hell am I doing here? Oh God, I didn't... did I?

"Oh no, we didn't... did we?" I ask, all the colour on my face instantly drains and I feel a knot form in my throat.

He would have been my first, and I wasn't even sober! Oh God, oh God, oh God. Okay Ali, breath. I give him a shocked expression, worried that I had committed the biggest mistake of my life; sleeping with Ethan Chase. This makes him chuckle louder. Well I'm glad one of us finds this amusing.

"No, Ali, we didn't." he answers nonchalantly.

"Then what am I doing here?" I question, still confused. How much did I even have to drink last night? I swear I only had like, one sip.

Okay, so maybe it was a bit more than that, but still!

He takes a breath and runs a hand through his silky, light brown hair. This makes him look so damn sexy.

Wait, what? What the hell is wrong with you Alison Vincent? Snap out of it! My inner voice yells.

"Well, after you gulped down about a litre of vodka last night, I caught you speaking to a wall then weirdly laughing with it like it was your friend or something," he grins while looking amused.

Wait, what did he say? I was speaking to a wall? Oh my God. Right now the idea I initially had of being kidnapped becomes suddenly very appealing, I'd much rather be fighting off a serial killer than be sitting here, listening to Ethan Chase jabbering on about how I was speaking to a wall when I was drunk.

"Then after you had finished giggling away you passed out, but luckily, your knight in shining armour over here, was there to rescue you." Ethan says, his grin even wider now. Cocky as always, Mr. Chase.

"I didn't know where you lived so I brought you back here." he finishes.

Why would he do that for me? I swear he's always too busy worrying about breaking a nail or having a hair out of place. Could there be another side to Ethan Chase? I doubt it.