Chapter 14

(Ali's P.O.V)

"You ready?" Dylan asks as we stand outside of grandma Eden's house.

It's exactly as I remember it. The white picket fence surrounds the two story building, much like a protective shield. Blue panelling surrounds the small house with a big wooden door placed right in the centre. I guess you could call it your typical American home.

As I step onto the red brick path, one particular thing catches my eye.

"Is that what I think it is?" I question, not taking my eyes off my most prized childhood possession. I rush up to it and pick it up, examining it closely. What's it still doing here?

I bet you're wondering what I'm on about right? Well, a few years back, my biggest wish was to learn how to ride a bike. My parents however, didn't know this because even at that age they were still the work endulged adults they are now.

Dylan on the other hand, knew about all of my hopes and dreams and vice versa. So on the day of my birthday, he and Gammy came out of nowhere holding the most beautiful bike I had ever seen. I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

The bike was pink with white pedals. It had a white basket on the front with little pink flowers glued to it. Attatched to the handles were multicoloured tassles.

I still remember the way they danced with the wind everytime I rode the bike alongside Dylan. And that, was one of my favourite childhood memories. I'll never forget the day Dylan and I rode our bikes up to the top of a huge cliff and just sat there, eating our sandwiches made by Gammy.

Now I know what you're thinking, what are two children doing running around the city on bikes? Well, let's just say Gammy didn't know about it. We always told her we were round our friend's house when really we were going all Indiana Jones and exploring every nook and cranny of our town.

"So do you want to go see Gammy or just stay out here and play with Glenda?" Dylan grins.

And in case you're wondering, yes I named my bicycle Glenda. What? I was ten.

Just before I could make a witty remark, the front door suddenly flies open and a little girl comes barreling out. She looks about four years old and has the most beautiful blond curls I have ever seen.

"Dy," she shrieks, embracing Dylan's legs into a tight hug. The grin on his face widens as he picks her up and swings her about in the air, causing a melodic sound of giggles to erupt from inside the cute little girl.

He places her on the side of his hip and pinches her nose, giving her an adorable little smile and she returns it with a sloppy kiss on his cheek. He's so good with her, they seem really close. Maybe she's his cousin or something?

I don't know if it's just me but I find it extremely attractive when boys are good with little kids. So it's no doubt that right now Dylan looks absolutely irresistible, not that he doesn't normally.

"Ali, this is Elouise my little cousin. Ellie, say hello to Ali," he explains while smiling fondly at her. She looks at me then burries her head into his chest, causing a laugh to escape my lips. She's so cute.

"Hey there Lulu," I coo, reaching my arms out and she turns to look at me with those beautiful bright blue eyes. She scrutinises me for a few seconds and I give her my biggest smile, trying not to look like a pedophile while I'm at it.

"Lali!" she screeches and launches herself towards me.

"I think she likes you Lali," Dylan laughs and I giggle in return. Ellie takes a strand of my hair and twists it between her fingers. She stares longingly at it like it's the most fascinating thing on earth. Could she get any cuter?