Chapter 12

(Ali's P.O.V)

After my very long and relaxing bath, I head back into the bedroom Dylan and I are staying in. The red bag is still on the bed as I make my way over to it, wrapped in only a towel. Glancing outside the big glass window I notice that the ocean is a darker shade of blue but the waves are more gentle.

Let's see what else is in this magical bag shall we. Opening up the bag, I pull out my favourite white lacy bra and panties to match. Edita knows me well. Rummaging again through the contents, I pick up some pink denim shorts and a 'The Beatles' band T-shirt to go with it. There, this should do.

Slipping into my last piece of clothing, I hear my phone cry out, meaning I've got a new text message. I wonder who that's from?

Ali where the hell have you been? I didn't see you today and I've not heard from you, please text me or call me back asap!! Love you -A

Crap, with all the things going on right now I completely forgot about Ava. I know, I know, just hand over the 'worst friend of the year' award and I'll be on my way. It's not that the thought didn't cross my mind, it's just that there was never a right time with Dylan being around and all.

But how could I be so inconsiderate of her? Obviously she would be worried about me, instead of texting her I decide to call; she picks up on the third ring.

"Look who finally remembered their best friend," she mumbles and I instantly feel guilty.

"I know, I'm so sorry. I just got a little carried away that's all," I mutter apologetically.

"With what?" she asks, and if I know her like I do, she's probably raising her left eyebrow right now. I really don't know how she does it, every time I try I end up looking like a paedophile trying to pick up kids at a funfair. Yeah, not a pretty sight.

"Just... stuff," I reply casually, trying to give as little away as humanly possible. If she finds out I'm with a boy, especially Dylan (or in her case, Ethan) she will never stop questioning me about it and that's not something I want or need right now. Especially not over the phone.

"No mom, I can't.... because I'm on the phone.... can't Brock take her? I'm busy at the moment," I hear Ava yelling on the other end of the line, making me flinch a little. 

"What's wrong?" I ask, in the hopes that she will forget my previous answer and not go all detective mode on me.

"My cousin, that's what's wrong. I can't believe you left me alone with her, she's only been here for four days and the girl is already driving me insane! You wanna know what she did today?" she asks me, her voice an octave higher than it probably should be.

"What did she do today?" I question, slightly amused at the fact that Ava can get so easily frustrated with other people. 

"She hit on Eliot, can you believe that? I felt like ripping her freaking hair out," she shrieks and I try to hold back my laugh. I swear she'll kill me if she hears me laughing whenever her cousin is concerned.

Last week, Ava was telling me about her annoying cousin that's transferring into our school. I haven't heard much about her, just that she's psycho over her ex-boyfriend but according to Ava, she's also an alleged slut and drives her crazy.

I still long to meet her, although I don't think it will be long until I do, since she's also living at Ava's house for the time being.

But I don't want to think about that at the moment, I'm in such a good mood right now after my first kiss with Dylan that I don't want to spoil it. Everytime I think about me having to move, I'm reminded of my parents leaving me and that sure as hell doesn't put me in a good mood.