Chapter 6

(Ali's P.O.V)

"It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do," Dylan whispers softly before wiping my tears.

As I stare deeply into his big brown eyes, I can see the sadness and regret. Something I don't see in Dereck's eyes when he apologises. Leaning in closer to Dylan, I rest my forehead on his and he pulls me closer so that the gap that once existed between our two bodies has now been erased.

He closes his eyes and cups my cheek with his soft hand, running his calloused thumb across my pink lips. He looks at them and into my eyes again, as if asking for permission. Except, I can't give it to him.

I close my eyes and whisper, "Dereck," as if explaining to him the reason why we can't do this.

I hear him sigh and pull me closer with a protective arm around my thin waist. Our foreheads remain glued to one another and I can feel his warm minty breath so close to my lips. I just want to lean forward and close the measly gap between us but I know I can't.

"Break up with him," he says simply.

I take a minute to think, I only got back together with Dereck because I had no one else. Plus, I don't know if I can even trust him so what's the point of even being together? Dereck and I were never going to work out anyway, that's a fact. We're just too different.

Besides, now that I have Dylan, I just can't picture myself with anyone else. Ever since we were best friends, I had always hoped for him to like me back as much as I liked him. Dylan Scott had my heart; and he still does.

I take a deep breath finally and say, "Okay."

Dylan looks up and gives me an adorable shy smile, tucking in a loose strand of hair behind my ear and as he pulls back, he leaves a feather light kiss on my forehead. When we hear a faint knock on my door he instantly pulls back, muttering something under his breath. We both turn to look at Edita as she steps timidly into my room and opens her mouth to speak.

*

Edita had came into my room and called us down for dinner. Dylan and I both sat at the mahogany wooden table and ate a delicious spaghetti bolognaise, just exchanging glances and smiling at each other.

By the time we had finished it was already six o'clock and pitch black outside. After putting our plates into the dishwasher, we headed towards the living room. Rounding the modern glass coffee table, I sit next to Dylan on one of the three big cream sofas and study his beautiful face.

His strong square jaw and sharp cheekbones give him the perfect face to be a model. His golden brown eyes sparkle as they reflect the light coming from the fire place that was lit. His light brown hair is tousled and resting over his forehead, just nearly touching his long eyelashes.

"What?" he asks me, amused.

"Nothing," I say playfully, he smiles at me and hits me with the cushion.

I look up at him in shock, my mouth making an 'o' shape and feigning a hurt expression. I pick up another cushion and throw it at him, however, his quick reflexes help him to easily dodge it. The cushion falls onto the white fur rug beneath us.

"No fair!" I exclaim, pouting like a little child. Suddenly I pounce up on him and knock him over, causing him to fall on his back and lay on the sofa.

"Wow there tiger," he jokes and we both laugh.

He suddenly shoots back up and makes me fall back, with me being the one laying down now. He sits on top of me and pins my arms up above my head with only one hand needed to hold my skinny wrists still.