Chapter 9

(Ali's P.O.V)

As I finally reach the back of the school I notice a shadowy figure leaning up against the damp wall behind a dumpster.  

At first it doesn't really faze me because he's not even paying attention to me but as the mystery person stands up straight, his hungry eyes come to rest on me and I start to feel uncomfortable. He casually makes his way towards me and I feel my heart beat speed up as my palms begin to sweat. Frozen to my spot, I can't get my legs to obey me so I just stand still. 

What a great place to become paralyzed Ali. Jeez, you're so clever. Right when a potential paedophile approaches you, you decide to stand still. Bravo.

"Hello pretty girl," the unfamiliar voice comes from the shady character. I can't really place his accent though, hispanic maybe?

Just by the sound of his threatening voice, I can tell that this man is up to no good, which sends shivers down my spine. I finally regain control over my legs and turn on my heels quickly, in an attempt to make an escape. As I try to dash back towards the school, my wrist is suddenly grabbed by a strong, cold hand.

I can't bring myself to turn around and look at him so I just stay glued to my spot. Why is it that whenever I really need to get away, I can't move a muscle? It's quite inconvenient if anything.

"Heading back so soon? Why don't you stay? I have a little present for you," he snickers, clearly enjoying the fact that I'm terrified. The colour on my face has fully drained, leaving me pale as a piece of paper while my bottom lip commences trembling.

I turn carefully to look at him and am instantly shocked. The guy has a massive scar going from his thick black eybrow all the way down to his tanned cheek. His dark grey eyes stare intently at me, his pupils dilate as he looks me up and down hungrily. I can already tell what he's thinking, and it's not a good thought.

Before I could even move the man whips out a pocket knife and pulls me to him, wrapping his arm securely around my waist and gluing my back to his chest while he presses the knife firmly up agaisnt my neck.

Okay, so this is it, bye bye Ali.

I close my eyes, trying to think of this as nothing more than a nightmare and when I wake up it will all be over. However, the feeling of his repugnant breath at the back of my neck, causes me to shudder and realise that this is all too real. It is actually happening. I have never been so frightened in my life.

"You know, I wish I didn't have to kill you, I can think of a lot more exciting things to do with a beautiful little girl like you," he says, rolling a strand of my light brown hair around his finger "But I was given strict orders." he finishes, his tone menacing.

He yanks the piece of hair that he had rolled up between his fingers, forcing my head to lean back onto his shoulder, my scalp prickles. I can already feel the tears streaming down my face as his grip on me tightens and the knife presses harder into my neck. This is it.

"Any last words?" he mutters in my ear, causing me to shudder in disgust.

"Get your filthy hands off of her!" I hear a deep, angry voice shout in the distance. Dylan.

"Oh what what do we have here? Little lover boy has come to rescue his princess," the man spits.

I see Dylan stomp towards us, looking horrified yet raging. I have never seen him this mad before. As soon as his eyes come to rest on me, they immediately soften and I feel like I can see right through them. Oh Dylan, this isn't your fault.

"Let her go you bastard." Dylan yells, his eyes have turned a darker shade of brown, he looks furious yet deep down, I know he's scared too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~