Chapter 30

Chapter 30, enjoy :) ♡

(Ali's P.O.V)

As we stand at the train station, one week after Elliot's talk with Ava and one week after my almost perfect date with Dylan, everyone is pretty much depressed seeing as this will be the last day we'll see Elliot-- for a while at that.

After this whole week of being at school, Marley has become a good friend of ours. However, I can't say the same for her and Alex, they're constantly biting each other's heads off. Honestly though, it's quite amusing to watch.

"You take care of yourself," Alex hugs Elliot closely and I know that today, we'll all lose a part of ourselves once Elliot hops up on that train.

"Just know that whenever you need, you can come back home. We'll be here for you." This time it's Dylan's words that are spoken.

Ever since Dylan came to North Atlanta High, Elliot and him have been inseparable. So I can't help but wonder, will this be the 'heartbreakingly painful' miracle that will make Dylan cry?

They finally pull back from the hug and I examine his face. Elliot's eyes are red, watery even. But Dylan, that unsympathetic boy hasn't shed a single tear. Sure I can see the pain behind his eyes, at least that's some kind of emotion, but his sandy brown eyes are completely dry.

"I will always love you," I hear Ava whisper and my heart breaks a little at her tone of voice.

"Make sure to come back and visit. Soon. Okay?" I demand as I hug him tight and his arms snake around my waist, hugging me just as tight. He whispers, low enough so only I can hear, "take care of my girl." Before pulling back and facing all the friends that will miss him terribly and love him unconditionally even after he leaves.

So with one last glance behind him, Elliot walks across the platform just as his train arrives, blocking out what will be the last that we'll see of him for a while. England sure is a long way away.

After a few minutes of sniffling and sulking, we all turn around and head for the exit. No one even mutters so much as one word. Dylan takes hold of my hand and squeezes tight; the fact that not even he has spoken informs me that he's suffering silently.

Despite the fact that Dylan has never been a crier, I know for sure that this doesn't make him heartless. I guess different people just have different ways of dealing with pain.

Behind me I can hear the sound of the train moving, feeling the wind splashing across my body. I can't bear to take a look back because I'm aware of how much of an emotionally unstable person I am, therefore I will completely break down.

I don't know if it was fate, her intuition or maybe just plain coincidence but Ava decides to take one last glance over her shoulder. This last look, would not be one that she would regret. It would not be one that would make her break down in tears, well, maybe not tears of grief.

As she turns around, the only sound that rings clearly in my ears is a loud screech coming directly from my best friend. Curiosity gets the best of me but before I can even turn around, Ava is already sprinting towards whatever is behind us.

Turning on my heel, I pull Dylan's hand as I'm faced with the source of Ava's freaking out like a mad woman. Just standing there, duffle bag in hand and suitcase in the other, stands a defeated yet relieved looking Elliot.

He missed his train. He'll miss his flight. Why would he do that? Unless--

"I couldn't do it," he shakes his head as Ava clings to his side like a baby monkey on its mother's back.

She piles up his face with kisses while tears roam freely down her rosy cheeks. He laughs and turns to Ava, engulfing her in the most romantic embrace. This feels so much like some cliché movie right now, I'm not gonna lie. But then again, what's life without a little cliché?