Chapter 15

(Ali's P.O.V)

As I sit on Ellie's minuscule pink stool, I shift a little in my seat praying to God that it doesn't break. I doubt this chair was made for a 115lb, 17 year old girl.

"Lali you make the pizza, I'll make the cake." Lulu's bossy little voice orders me around and if she wasn't so damn cute, I would have straight up told her to go to hell. I hate being bossed around, but come on, no one can resist those cute puppy dog eyes and bouncy blond curls.

I do as she says and get cracking on the pizza. 

Her play set is located in the living room. As I look around I notice that it hasn't changed much, just like the rest of the house. The big fire place where Dylan and I used to sit by and talk for hours while roasting marshmellows still sits comfortably where it did six years ago. The white walls are now covered with more black-rimmed portraits.

One of them is a picture of Jason and Elouise. Jason smiling widely while Lulu sits on his shoulders, both of them look so much alike.

Scanning the rest of the pictures one of them in particular catches my eye. It's a picture of me, Dylan, Jason and Gammy at my tenth birthday party. I stand between the two boys and Gammy next to Dylan.

In the picture I'm rocking my fairy costume. I smile as thoughts of this come rushing back. Dylan is dressed as a pirate, he's smiling widely and has his right arm draped over my shoulders in the protective manner he always does. Jason however, is sporting a cowboy outfit. Both of his hands are entwined at the front and he's not looking at the camera... but at me.

His expression is soft but as I look closely, I notice a hint of sadness in his grey eyes. Weird, I don't remember this picture ever being taken. 

"Lali?" I feel a soft hand tug at my cardigan sleeve and look down to see Lulu's big blue eyes staring intently into my hazel-green ones.

"What's wrong Lulu?" I ask softly, bringing her up to sit on my lap. God, she weighs near to nothing.

"Why don't you like JayJay?" she questions and it slightly catches me off-guard. What does she mean by this? I don't make it that obvious do I? Maybe I should try and smile more or something, for Ellie's benefit not his. If it were up to me, Jason would have been tied up and held hostage in the shed.

"What do you mean?" my brows furrow and she shifts in my lap, trying to get comfortable. Man, this is one strong stool.

"He told me," she elaborates. What did he tell her? Ok this is starting to get confusing.

Why would he tell his little sister about me? That's just weird. Maybe he told her about all the times he humiliated me. Yes, that must be it.

"He said you never liked him back and he looked sad," she mumbles, "I don't like it when JayJay is sad."

When she says this my expression drops. I'm so confused right now. I didn't like him back? What, does that mean he liked me? No, it can't be.

Jason Scott freaking hated my guts, why else would he bully and make my life hell for the six years that I knew him for? He put worms in my sandwich, he put chewing gum in my hair and threw paint on my clothes. He gave me the worst possible emotional scars a little girl could have growing up.

If that meant he liked me then I'm a monkey's uncle.

Suddenly a little bubble of anger erupts inside of me and I breathe heavily, trying not to act out on it. As I notice Lulu's frown I try to refrain my anger and hatred towards her brother, I can't stand to see that look on her innocent little face.