Chapter 39

My explanation for the lengthy chapter wait is at the end. However, this is the longest chapter I've ever wrote so I hope that makes it up to you guys. Happy reading!

Recap: My heart rate picks up in an instant and I struggle to keep my breathing steady, which is what pushes the person at the door to look up. He steps out of the shadows and my eyes widen once I realise that it's the same person I saw at the restaurant, the one that was wearing the cap.

He steps towards us again and stops, a smirk making its way onto his face.

"Hello, little cousin."

(Ali's P.O.V)

After a few seconds of shocked silence, Dylan is still quiet. I look worriedly over in his direction and realise how tense he looks.

What the hell is Jason doing here?

"I seem to have been locked out," he slurs drunkenly, holding on to the wall for support. Honestly, it looks like he could fall down at any second.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Dylan beats me to it, addressing the elephant in the room. How did he even know we were here?

"Well, a little birdy told me you'd be here. I'm just following orders." He holds both his hand up in mock surrender, managing to stumble a couple of steps back in the process.

"Orders from who?" I interrupt, then his eyes come to land on me. A flash of emotion shines within them before they settle back to his usual cold, grey color.

"Who do you think, little minion? Uncle Christian, of course." Jason smirks at me, before closing his eyes for a few seconds and opening them back up again. He must be completely wasted.

"Of course he'd fucking get Jason to fly out here," Dylan mutters angrily to himself before Jason collapses and lands hard on his butt.

Instead of crying out in pain, he just laughs it off before closing his eyes again, not bothering to pull himself back up. Dylan sighs audibly and runs a hand through his hair before shaking his head and eventually unlocking the front door.

He gestures for me to go through and as much as I'd love nothing more than to get some sleep right now, my humanity gets in the way of that.

"We can't just leave him," I protest quietly, looking down at Jason's unconscious figure.

"Why not? It's not our fault he went out and got ridiculously wasted." Dylan argues, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Look, I don't like him anymore than you do. But we can't just let him sleep outside, on the floor." I retort, noticing how uncomfortable Jason looks.

If he sleeps like that, he won't even be able to move his neck properly in the morning. I then glance at Dylan who looks like is having an internal battle with his subconscious. He finally sighs for the hundreth time in these past ten minutes and leans down to pick up Jason.

He tugs roughly at his hand and wraps Jason's arm around his neck.

"Fine, but I'm not taking him upstairs. He can sleep on the couch." Dylan mutters petulantly, earning a smile from me.

"I wouldn't expect anything less," I respond, following him inside and locking the door behind. Dylan carelessly deposits Jason onto the couch and dusts off his hands before looking towards me.

"You go on up, I'm just gonna get a glass of water," I tell Dylan and he nods, making his way upstairs.

In the kitchen, I pick out a glass and pour some water into it. I down the cool liquid in one, before setting the glass aside and walking back into the living room where Jason is currently out cold.