Painting Over the Cracks

Connie lay awake in bed, her daughter at the forefront of her mind. Grace was better off without her but it didn't stop her from wanting her back. She needed her, she was all she had in life and now she'd lost her.

America was a world away from Holby and Grace would soon forget about the life she once had here with her. Connie cared too much about her work, everyone said it, she was just too reluctant and stubborn to admit they were right.

So in good old Beauchamp fashion, she sucked it up, pretended nothing was wrong, and beat down anyone who dared say otherwise.

She'll have a good life in America, even if her Father is a worthless idiot. He better treat her right or he'll have me to deal with. And the mother, god I wouldn't care if I never had to see Audrey again. In fact it would make my life more pleasant.

What I wouldn't give to be on the other side of the world away from everything. No, I'm not letting them win. I am THE Connie Beauchamp and I will get what I want.

The department's a mess, god knows who thought it was a good idea to put Dr Hanna in charge of the place. Well at least it's still standing I suppose... I guess it's about time it was bought up to standards, it's not like I've not got the time and money to put into it.

The staffing is a complete joke... Rest assured Nurse Freeman will not walk over me like she has to others in the past, oh no. I give her two weeks, tops. As for Dr Zoe Hanna, loved by all. We'll see how loved she is when she sabotages her own wedding, it's bound to happen. Who would fall in love with a colleague anyway, let alone a porter?

Dr Keogh needs to seriously sort himself out if he thinks I'm going to let him anywhere near a patient in the near future... Nurse Chiltern needs some serious training and Nurse Miller needs to learn to gossip elsewhere.

The professionalism is ridiculous, it's a foreign concept to them all. Dr Knight can barely sleep alone for a night and now he's bundled with a child although that's no surprise the way he acts.

At least I know there's another competent member of staff I can rely on in extreme emergencies... If only he wasn't such a rude, arrogant player who thought about who is next shag would be. Why did I even suggest to Rita he would be a good candidate for the ED?

And the whole 'sweet cheeks' business... That needs to go before I push him under an ambulance myself. Who the hell does he think he has walking around like he owns the place, and thinking he knows me. Well everyone will soon realise who's in charge and if they don't like it I'm sure they know where the door is to the department.