The First Date

"Tonight-" "What?" Connie looked up from her paperwork to see Jacob leaning against the doorframe of her office.

"Dinner tonight, let me take you out properly." She considered telling him she was busy. "I don't know if-" "Good I'll pick you up at 7, make sure you're ready." Jacob smiled at her expression before closing the door and leaving her to it.

It was almost 7 as Connie looked at herself in the mirror. She wore a tight black dress which showed just enough cleavage and accentuated her curves. Connie slipped on a pair of heels before reapplying her red lipstick. Her hair was up in a messy yet beautiful style at the back with some curls falling loosely.

She was nervous. Connie Beauchamp was never nervous especially not over a date.

True to his word at 7 o'clock there was a knock at her front door. Connie walked down the stairs to open the door. As soon as he saw her he became speechless. "Are you ready to go sweet cheeks?" Connie rolled her eyes turning back around to grab her purse and keys.

She didn't bother with a coat as it was mildly warm outside. Jacob led her down to the taxi letting her climb in first before jumping in himself.

It was a short drive and soon enough they were climbing out. "Come on..." Jacob held a hand out to her which she eventually took letting him walk her along the river.

He led her inside a small building before walking up several steps to come to an open reception area. "Table for two under Masters." The waiter nodded before taking them to a table. "Right this way." Jacob held her hand again and walked towards the table.

They stopped out on the balcony beside a small table set aside from the others. There were a few candles with some roses in a vase on the middle of the table. Jacob stepped to the side and pulled out a chair for Connie who was still taking everything in. He took a seat opposite her being handed a menu each before they were left alone.

"Jacob this is beautiful-" "Like you then." She looked across at him before letting her eyes wander across the view that they had. She could see out across the bay and could see all the lights along the far end. It looked incredible from up here, she'd never seen anything quite like it.

They ordered dinner and shortly after Jacob took her hand in his. "I wanted to make sure this was special. We've taken so long to finally get here that I didn't want to ruin it on the first date." Connie raised a perfectly arched eyebrow looking across at him. "And who said this was a date?"

The night passed slowly but both were happy just to have the others company. "Thank you-" "What for sweet cheeks?" She sighed at the pet names he had for her, she hated them. Buuut at the same time they kept her smiling. "For dinner, for treating me like I never deserved and for just being your annoying self."

Jacob smiled before paying for dinner, after much protest from Connie, and took her hand. "Where are we going?" He held onto her hand, walking along the bay. "I figured we could go for a little walk, it's not too late yet."

They sat at the end of the docks, her feet dangling over the edge with her head resting against his shoulder. "Jacob-" she sat up to look at him but he cut her short, placing his lips on hers. She smiled against them before looking up at him once again. "Doesn't matter..."

Jacob jumped out of the taxi and walked Connie up the driveway. "Well Mrs Beauchamp I've had a lovely evening with you." He gently kissed her before pulling away quickly. "I should go, see you tomorrow at work boss." He turned to leave before she caught his hand in hers. He took one look at her before letting her hand drop and walking back to the taxi.

Connie's heart dropped. She didn't know what she had done so wrong. Everything had been amazing, what was wrong? She turned around and walked up the steps unlocking her front door. Connie went to close it as Jacob came running up the steps and in the door. As soon as he was inside he pushed his lips against Connie's causing her to stumble backwards until her back pressed against the wall.

Jacob's hand dropped to her hips as he deepened the kiss. When he broke from her lips a small and sly grin settled on her face. "You really thought I'd leave like that? I'm a lot of things but not stupid. There was a taxi waiting to be paid for..." Jacob leant into her again this time dropping his hands to her thighs as he lifted her up so she wrapped her legs around his waist.

They remained in the hallway for a few minutes before Jacob walked through to what he assumed was her living room. He lay Connie back on the sofa before leaning above her and kissing her again. She moved a hand behind his neck as she kissed him glad to have him so close to her finally.

Connie sat up pushing him up. "Come with me..." Jacob followed her as she held his hand leading him through her house. Once they reached the top of the stairs Connie spun round and reached forwards holding onto his shirt pulling him closer to her once again. As soon as her lips were against his again she started moving backwards towards her bedroom.

Soon enough Jacob reached down and lifted her up again as her hands moved down his shirt undoing it. He dropped her legs backing her against the wall not once letting his lips leave hers. He shimmied his arms out of the shirt before letting his hands drop to the bottom of her dress and sliding up underneath. The touch of his fingers on her bare skin sent shivers up her spine.

He pulled away from her pulling it up quickly before holding her waist and bringing her back to him. She walked forwards pushing him towards the bed before he turned around and pushed her down against it.

"I love you-" "I love you too." The words took him by surprise. She'd just told him that she loved him. The words slipped out without any warning. Shit. "Yes I just said I loved you, can we think about it later because I'd really like to finish what you started." Jacob smiled down at her before pushing his lips against hers and doing as the boss said. Well that'll be a fun conversation tomorrow, well done Connie, well done.