Hormones

"Just don't do it again! Now get out of my office!" Connie slumped back into her chair as the nurse left her office. She dropped her head to her hands taking a few deep breaths.

Jacob stood by the nurses station offering a smile to the nurse who'd just faced the wrath of his pregnant girlfriend. "So how is being at home with the devil?" Jacob glanced across at Rita who shrugged. "She's just a little hormonal right now-" "Because she isn't normally!?"

Connie walked out of the office with her stethoscope around her neck, heels stomping across the floor. Jacob rolled his eyes and wandered over to her. "What do you want?" He took her hand and pulled her away from her original course.

"You want to tell me who's pissed you off today?" Connie sighed as she let her head rest back against the wall. She closed her eyes as she calmed herself down. Jacob saw an opportunity and took it. He leant closer and pressed his lips against hers, all tension seeming to disappear.

He'd not had a chance to get close enough in the last two weeks. Jacob stepped closer until he was as close to her as he could be with her bump between them. His hands settled on her hips as he deepened the kiss. Connie wrapped her arms around his neck before parting from his lips.

"Sorry-" "Don't apologise, that's the closest I've come in weeks." He winked at her as she rest her head against his chest, his arms enveloping her into a hug. "Just remember that not everyone is as steely as you around here... I think you've forever struck fear into some of them-" "Good."

Jacob smirked as Connie frowned glancing towards the nurses' station. "Now would you let me actually do some work, you know that thing you're paid for but never seem to actually do." He raised his eyebrows as he stepped back, hands in the air surrendering. "Alright feisty, don't take it out on the one that's backing you up out there-" "So you should you bloody caused this!"

Connie wandered away as Jacob dropped his head amazed at her. He was shocked when he heard her heels moving along the floor quickly before feeling her lips press to his again. "I love you..." She spun back around and walked into the department, Jacob thoroughly confused with the mood swings.

A few hours passed and when Jacob next saw Connie she was curled up on her sofa, tears rolling down her cheeks. He chucked his files onto the desk at the nurses' station and jogged over to the open office door. "Hey..."

He perched down on the sofa running a hand down her cheek pushing her hair back. Connie shook her head trying to push his hand away but instead he laced his fingers through hers. "Talk to me..."

The tears stopped but she didn't move or speak. Connie raised her eyes slowly to meet his. He swung his legs up onto the sofa moving Connie backwards. He rest his back against the arm of the sofa lifting Connie's head to rest on his chest. Jacob's arm wrapped around her gently rubbing her back.

Connie placed a hand on his chest as she lay there quietly. "I hate you-" "I know this is all my fault, your mood swings and not being able to work like you'd want to." A small smile briefly passed her lips as she shifted her weight to lay against him more comfortably. "No actually. I hate you because you're always the one to put me into place when I'm being out of line."

Jacob smirked as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Oh and I hate you because I always want you but can't because of this." She pointed to her bump as Jacob chuckled moving himself a little further down the sofa to lay with her. "Well just think, in just over 2 months time it'll all be done."

Jacob placed a hand to her tummy as he continued to speak. "And then we'll have all the time in the world-" "You really have no idea how this parenting malarkey works do you?" He laughed as he pressed his lips to hers. "Sure I'll pick it up, after all I've got the best to learn from sweet cheeks."

Connie closed her eyes briefly as she continued to talk all things baby with Jacob. "You really think we can do this?" Jacob shifted so that he could look at Connie properly. He propped himself up on one arm as he traced patterns across her stomach.

"I don't think, I know that we can do this. Connie I adore you and there's no one I look up to more than you." Charlie hovered by the doorway after wanting to speak to Connie but didn't want to interrupt the moment. "Nobody inspires me more than you baby and finally being a family with you is all I ever wanted since I was a kid."

Tears came to Connie's eyes as she smiled up at him. "I don't deserve you-" "You're right, you deserve so much more than I can give you but I promise I'll always try and give you the world."  Connie tightly wrapped her arms around him as she buried her head in his chest.

Charlie smiled backing out of the office deciding to leave it until later. "So you okay now?"  Connie nodded as he placed a kiss to her lips. "Good because I couldn't handle another night with the incredible sulk due to her Mummy not wanting to pay any attention to her-" "Grace is not that bad..."

Jacob raised an eyebrow as she laughed at him. "Takes after you that's for sure-" "Does not!"  Jacob slipped his hands to her waist where it tickled the most. "Jacob! I swear my bladder is already weak from this thing inside me I don't need you adding to it... Jacob!"  Connie continued to laugh as he leant over her. He was just happy to see a smile on her face, it had been far too long.