Baby Boy

Jacob sat on the sofa in Connie's office, his arms full with the tiny bundle that was his son. He was perfect. His lightly tanned skin and soft dark hair. He had tiny fingers which were wrapped around Jacob's thumb.

He was the most beautiful baby he'd ever seen and he was always going to protect him. There was a knock at the door as Charlie stepped inside. "Thought you'd like to know she's awake..." Jacob's eyes flashed wide and Charlie could see just how happy he was in that moment.

Connie had lost a lot of blood and faced complications which were due to the problems she had when she found out she was pregnant all those months ago. Zoe had been called in and rushed her into resus with Cal. That was all Jacob had known until now.

"Go on go and introduce them, we can all wait." Jacob laughed as he carried his son past several happy faces and towards the side room Connie was now lying awake in. "Hey sweet cheeks-" "Hey muscles so I hear you're £10 richer than last time I saw you."

Jacob smiled as he passed the tiny baby across to his Mum. Tears appeared in her eyes as she looked down at her baby for the first time. "He's beautiful-" "He certainly is... Just like his Mummy." Connie cooed down at him as she placed her finger inside his hand.

Jacob watched on happily as Connie immediately bonded with him. "I knew you could do it sweet cheeks." She finally looked up at him with a smile as he sat on the bed beside her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders as her head lay against his chest.

"But I almost didn't... I almost lost this, everything could have been gone." He pulled him as tightly to him as he could without harming their son. "But you didn't Con, and you're here, you've still got all this. You always will have this, us, your babies are never gonna leave you. I'm never gonna leave you." Connie changed the subject and Jacob knew better than to stop it.

"Have you given him a name?"  Jacob ran his fingers across Connie's arm. "No, I couldn't do it without you."  She smiled as she continued to look down at him. He was honestly mesmerising, she couldn't take her eyes away from him. "Sweet cheeks?" "Sorry..."

Jacob smiled as he kissed the top of Connie's head. "What time was he born?"  "15:27... Everything's fine, they checked him over already."  Connie nodded as she sat herself up a little more in the bed.

"How are you feeling sweet cheeks?" Connie smiled as Jacob moved to the seat beside her bed. "I'm okay now."  He smiled up at her as Connie lay their baby down in her arms. She ran a finger across his cheek causing him to make some noise. Connie laughed down at him before her face went pale. "Does Grace know?"

Jacob nodded with a smile. "Alicia went to pick her up from school with Cal. She'll be here soon alright."  Connie relaxed again as she smiled down at the baby boy. "I don't feel like any name I could think of fits."

"How about Charlie?"  Connie looked up at him. "Really? I thought you were against that one."  Jacob smiled across at her as she continued to watch him. "Charlie Masters... I think it fits."  He stood up and wandered to the bed looking down at him.

Connie smiled as she did the same. "Charlie Jacob Masters."  Jacob let his eyes fall to Connie who was looking at him. "But CJ is off the cards, it's just a middle name before you go creating nicknames for him too!" Jacob pulled a face as she spoke again. "I love you Jacob."  He smiled before pressing his lips to Connie's.

There was a knock at the door before it opened slightly. "Hey-" "Heya there's someone here to see you all."  Connie smiled as Grace stood in the window. Jacob moved to the door as she came in and hugged him. "You ready to meet your little brother?" "It's a boy?"

Jacob nodded as he picked Grace up and wandered over to the bed. Connie looked up at her with a smile. "Hey sweet heart, did you have a good day?"  Grace nodded before looking to the baby in her arms. "Do you want to hold him?" 

Grace sat in the chair beside Connie as Jacob scooped him up and placed him into her arms. "What's his name?" "Charlie...  Sound alright to you?"  Grace laughed as she looked down at her brother. "He's smiling look."  Connie couldn't remove the smile from her face as she rest her head to Jacob's chest.

They'd been sat together for a few hours before Connie was getting changed into her own clothes again. Thankfully she wasn't straight into heels again but it wouldn't take long.

"I think there's a few people we should probably introduce him to other than us."  Jacob glanced up at Connie smiling as Alicia came inside. "Hey I've just got something from everyone."  She passed a card to Connie while she put the blue balloon in the corner of the room.

"How is he?"  Connie smiled across at her as she opened the card. "He's perfect..."  Jacob stood up and walked over to Alicia with him in his arms. "Alicia say hello to Charlie." "He's adorable."  Jacob placed him into her arms as she continued to make several noises.

Connie passed the card to Jacob who read through all the little messages before the doors opened once again. "Ah the man of the hour."  Charlie looked across at Jacob in confusion before Connie smiled. "Hey Charlie-" "That's going to be confusing Mum."

Grace laughed still to Charlie's confusion. "We've called him Charlie... Charlie Jacob Masters. After the two most important men in my life."  Alicia turned to him as he took the small baby from her arms. Once he was safely being held Alicia pulled Connie into a hug.

"I can't believe I'm finally a godmother!"  Connie laughed as Alicia sat beside Grace on the small chair. "So what do you think Grandad?"  Charlie laughed as he glanced to Connie. "Definitely got his Mummy's good looks didn't he?"  Connie leant into Jacob's side. "What can I say, he's got good jeans."  Jacob smiled down at her. "Remarkably good jeans."

So this is almost the end of this fic. The next 2 chapters will jump into the future by a few years just to round it off! I hope it doesn't let anyone's ideas of a perfect ending down! :) x