Soulmate

Jacob woke up and glanced across at Connie who was already awake with her eyes on him. Neither spoke, they didn't need to.

Their hands entwined together effortlessly as they lay beside one another on their sides. Connie bit her bottom lip as a smile broke out on her face.

Connie was no longer working in the ED, well she worked 3 days a week and only in her office unless they were desperate. All the other days she spent at home with Grace when she wasn't at school.

Jacob felt himself drawn to Connie as they spent more time alone. He'd worried that everything recently was pushing them apart and with Connie being who she was, it could only get worse. Yet she'd given up the ED in the blink of an eye for Grace.

They must have laid like that for an hour, neither of them speaking or moving. That was until Jacob couldn't bare it anymore. He forced his lips onto hers, Connie's arms immediately moving to wrap around his neck deepening the kiss.

Connie smiled against his lips causing Jacob to break away. "Any particular reason you're so smiley-" "I love you."  Jacob watched as she pushed his back to the bed and straddled his waist sitting up. "I was never one to think that there was someone for everyone, especially not for me... You changed all that."

Jacob watched as this amazing woman sat before him. "I'm an idiot to have not seen it sooner-" He sat up and kissed her passionately with her encased in his arms. She'd never felt so safe in someone's embrace. "I love you so much."  Jacob smiled as he looked into her eyes.

Connie leant into him, her eyes never leaving his. "Promise me something?"  Jacob took hold of her hand in his. "Anything-" "If you're not happy one day, with me or this. Don't worry about hurting me, do what you need to do to be happy because seeing you hurt is worse than anything I could ever feel."

Jacob frowned and went to speak but she stopped him. "I mean it. I watched my parents fall apart because they weren't happy, I can't see that happen to you too."  He laced his fingers through Connie's once again as she finally let him speak. "I will never, never let you see us fall apart because a world without you by my side isn't one I want."

"Since you've been in my life everything has changed. I can't go back to living without you because I'd always be thinking about where you were or what you were doing. I'd be missing you every day, everywhere I'd go everything I'd do."  Connie held onto his hand as they continued to look at one another.

A single tear rolled down her cheek as Jacob raised a hand to wipe it away. "You know I didn't think it was possible to fall in love again... But I was wrong because I've fallen so deep in love that it scares me to be without you.  I feel like I'm suffocating when we argue because I always fear I'm gonna lose you too." 

Jacob smiled as he moved closer to her and placed a tender kiss to her lips. He barely parted from her, his warm breath blowing against her lips. "You're never going to be alone again sweet cheeks, that's a promise I'll make and never break."  Connie smiled as she pushed her lips back to his again, she dropped his hand to wrap her arms around his neck.

A few hours later and they'd got changed to head into the ED. Connie was now heavily pregnant and finding clothes to wear was a difficulty. She looked into the mirror at the black and grey dress she wore.

Jacob stood back and admired her for a while as she put on her heels causing him to laugh. Her eyes raised to meet his as she smiled back. "What?"  She laughed a little as she spoke before Jacob crossed the room, his arms going around her waist. "You're crazy Beauchamp but I wouldn't change anything about you." 

Connie smiled as he kissed her briefly before they made their way into the hospital. "Mrs Beauchamp!" Connie rolled her eyes as Alicia pounced on her. Ever since they'd told Alicia she was going to be a godmother they'd suffered with an extremely excitable colleague.

"I'll catch you later sweet cheeks."  Jacob pressed a quick kiss to her lips walking away, her eyes on him the whole time. "You two sorted everything then?" Connie had a small smile imprinted on her face as she nodded. "I guess you could say that... Anyway what was so important?"

Alicia walked with Connie towards her office talking the whole way but she couldn't say she was listening much. The only thing she could think about was him. How happy he made her, how much he had changed her life.

Jacob glanced up to see Connie still smiling watching him causing him to wink at her before heading the opposite direction. Connie's eyes finally moved back to a quiet Alicia who had been following her gaze. "God you two make me sick!"  Connie laughed as they went into her office taking a seat.

"I was trying to say Amy wants to see Grace, she asked me to see if Grace was about this weekend."  Connie smirked across at Alicia. "And why would she be asking you and not Cal?"  Connie leant back as she crossed her arms against her chest.

Alicia rolled her eyes trying not to smile. "I guess I've been spending a bit of time at theirs... Anyway that's not the question-" "You and Cal? Are you-" "Mrs Beauchamp patient in cubicles is asking to speak to the boss."  Connie groaned as Charlie smiled from the doorway.

"Fine... You, this isn't over I want to know everything!"  Alicia laughed as Connie walked past her and out into the department. "What have you done to her-" "Do not ask Charlie."  Alicia smiled as they walked back into the department to continue working.