What's Wrong

Connie was rushed through to resus as Zoe followed and began giving orders. "I want bloods, LFTs, Us and Es, order a head CT. And someone keep Jacob as far away from here as possible, I don't want him in here!" Alicia nodded and left resus making sure she did what Zoe wanted.

"Charlie are you sure you're alright? If not I'll get-" "It's fine, I'm not leaving her. Let's just do something." Zoe nodded as Cal carried on an initial assessment. "BPs dropped, she's losing output." Charlie's expression changed as the monitor began to show her heart rate slowing further.

Cal stepped up and began compressions as Zoe began flicking through the few results they did have back. She shook her head throwing the chart to the side as she checked for a pulse. "Nothing, go again." She looked down at their clinical lead. "What's wrong with you?"

Jacob walked into Connie's office noticing she wasn't in there. Alicia saw him and ran for the office door. "Hey Jacob." She smiled at him as he turned around and noticed Alicia in he door way. She stepped further inside and closed the office door.

"What are you doing?" Alicia shrugged leaning against the door. "Nothing-" "Look you know as well as I do, if she comes back and we're both standing in here we'll be dead." Alicia frowned at the choice of words as he moved closer and went to go around her.

Alicia reached out and placed a hand on his arm. "Sit down... I need to tell you something." Jacob was about to laugh and ask what was so important until he saw the look on her face. "Alicia, where's Connie?" "She's- she's in resus... She collapsed in the toilet, we don't know..."

She couldn't finish as he threw the office door open and ran. Alicia had a few tears falling down her cheeks as she walked out of the office after him. Jacob pushed the doors to resus open as Zoe spoke.

"All clear." He watched with a look of sheer panic across his face. Jacob dropped to his knees causing Zoe and Charlie to look up. "Get him out of here!" Charlie moved to Jacob and slowly got him out of resus. He barely fought back, it seemed all energy had drained from him in that moment.

Zoe checked for a pulse once more looking up to Cal. She sighed as the monitors slowly began to fall back into rhythm. "Call upstairs, we need these scans done now."

After a few minutes they were rushing Connie upstairs, Jacob watched as they went past him. He was unable to move, completely glued to the spot. "Zoe?" "Dr Knight go with her and I want it all done quickly." He nodded disappearing while Zoe sat beside Jacob.

"What's-" "I don't know. She hasn't regained consciousness since she fell. I need to ask, has this happened before?" Jacob shook his head before a blank expression came across his face. "When?" "This morning... Maybe last week when we were out in America with Grace." Zoe nodded before Jacob dropped his head to his hands.

"What's wrong with her Zoe?" It could be a number of things, but nothing was clear to her. "We'll find out, don't worry." Zoe moved towards the department while Charlie moved Jacob into Connie's office.

The afternoon moved slowly, nobody really in the mood to be here anymore. News had travelled around quickly and soon enough everyone knew. "Where's Dr Hanna?" Zoe lifted her eyes from her paperwork to see a middle aged man with glasses before her.

"That would be me, can I help you?" He extended a hand to her which she took before he stumbled across his words. "Where's, what's, how's Connie?" Zoe noticed the tired look in his eyes and realised who this was. "You must be Elliot Hope, we're just waiting for her results." Connie walked him across to HDU where she was laying.

They stepped inside, Connie was still unconscious. "Please, tell me it's not can-" Zoe shook her head. "We've had that scan back, it's clear." Elliot sighed, a wave of relief washing over him.

As the pair stood at the end of her bed Cal came rushing in with a set of results in his hand. "You need to see these." Zoe took them moving to the window. Elliot was beside her and looked up at the various scans. "She's got an ICP, we need to get her up to theatre now." Cal and Elliot began to move the bed out of resus as Charlie spotted Zoe.

"What's-" "She's got intracranial hypertension, we need to release the pressure before it does any further damage." Charlie nodded as Zoe disappeared in the lift with the others. "Charlie you need to tell Jacob." He nodded heading towards Connie's office where he'd spent the whole afternoon. There was no guarantee Connie would even make it out the other side of the operating room, they had no idea how long this had been building for.

There could be long lasting damage and several complications, all they could do was sit and wait.