Congratulations

Connie continued to take slow breaths as best she could leaning against the desk once again. Zoe tried speaking but Connie wasn't taking anything in. "I swear to god Zoe carry on talking and I might have to kill you!"

Charlie smiled across at Zoe who rolled her eyes. Connie finally managed to stand up and headed for her office door. "Where are you going now!?" "Well I don't plan on giving birth on my office floor Dr Hanna!"

Zoe and Charlie followed her from the room as she stopped at the nurses station leaning against it ever so slightly. "Dr Munro I need you with me-" "I'm just with a patient can it wait 2 minutes-" "Yeah I'll just tell my baby to hold on shall I?"

Alicia looked up in shock. "You're in labour?" Connie glared across at her as Robyn, Lofty and Cal all heard her. Connie dropped her head to the desk before standing up. "Charlie find Jacob and tell him before someone else does-" "Tell me what sweet cheeks?"

Connie looked sideways to see Jacob smiling at her. "Tell you that I hate you and wish you had never come within 2 foot of me-" "She's a little tense unless you hadn't noticed." Connie glared across at Cal who realised she wasn't too impressed.

"Sweet cheeks-" "Don't sweet cheeks me its your bloody fault I've been in labour for the last few hours!" Jacob smiled before looking at her. "Wait what!?" He was at her side in a moments notice. "You need to sit down-" "Oh I thought I'd go for a run Staff Nurse Masters! Do you not think I know that?"

Connie winced in pain again before Jacob walked with her towards a room that Zoe had just cleared.  Once on the bed she rest her head back against the pillows. "I will never forgive you for this Jacob!"  He couldn't help but smile across at Charlie as Connie continued to complain.

Charlie had phoned maternity letting them know Connie's situation. "Ah Mrs Beauchamp nice to see you again-" "Please cut the crap and just get this thing out of me!"  Zoe smiled across at him "Nice to see you again Zoe-" "You too Mr T."

"Alright let's see how far you are."  Connie sighed as Jacob stood talking with Alicia. "So far you're only a few centre meters dilated, we could be here a while yet-" "Just great."

Zoe had returned into the department as had Charlie who popped in and out to see how she was doing. Jacob and Alicia were trying to be funny but were entertaining themselves more than anything else.

Almost 3 hours later and Connie was 6cm dilated. She was pacing the room with Alicia while Jacob sat back and watched. "Here let me take over-" "Just stay away from me Jacob you've done enough!"  Alicia pulled an apologetic face as Jacob continued to watch.

Connie sat down on the bed once again as Jacob sat beside her. "This will all be over soo-" "How will it!  Jacob once this baby is here everything changes! Everything changes and this will never be over!" 

Jacob tried to be comforting but it just seemed to cause her to get worse. "Okay I think Connie needs some space for now."  Jacob glanced at Mr T before shaking his head. "I'm not going anywhere-" "JACOB JUST GET OUT!"  He looked at Connie before standing up and walking out of the room.

Alicia took hold of Connie's hand as the pain got stronger. "What have I just done?"  Tears rolled down Connie's cheeks as Alicia held onto her hand tighter. "He knows that you're just in pain, it'll be okay don't worry."

It was almost 2 o'clock. Connie had been stuck at 6cm for almost 4 hours. "This is beyond a joke, isn't there anything you can do!?"  Mr T smiled across at her. "You know as well as I do that we have to wait."  Connie dropped her head back trying to sit up once again. 

"I could really do with going to the toilet."  Alicia nodded and helped her up. "I'll go with her it's fine."  He smiled with a small nod as Alicia walked with Connie through the empty corridor.

Almost as soon as she made it inside another contraction came and Connie could no longer stand. "Okay, okay careful..."  Alicia knelt beside Connie whose back was firmly against the wall. "God this hurts so much!"  Connie cried out in pain causing Zoe and Cal to come rushing down the corridor unaware Connie had left the room.

"What's happened?" "Said she needed the toilet but she couldn't move any further."  Connie cried out again as yet another contraction came and went. "Okay they're getting a lot closer now, I'll get Mr T in here."

Connie held onto Alicia's hand again as Cal looked at her. "Where's Jacob? I need him-" "I'll go get him okay."  Cal jumped up and went into the department to find him.

"I can't do this Alicia, I can't-" "Course you can... You're the strongest women I know of course you can do this okay."  Cal found Jacob standing outside the ED with his back to the wall. "Jacob its Connie, she's asking for you."

They both rushed back inside, Jacob confused when he noticed Cal walking away from where she'd been. As soon as he saw her he dropped down to her side. "Hey sweet cheeks, it's alright-" "I'm sorry about earlier."  He pressed a kiss to her forehead before smiling at her.

Connie watched as Mr T crouched down before her. "You certainly know how to make things interesting-" "Oh shut up!" Both Connie and Jacob spoke in unison causing Alicia to laugh at them.

"Alright on the next contraction I'm going to need you to push Connie."  She nodded as Jacob laced his fingers through hers.

The corridor was soon filled with a loud scream as Connie continued to push through each contraction. "Alright one more and I think we'll be there."  Connie shook her head. "I can't-" "You can and you will."

Connie glared down at him. "Since when did Beauchamp give up on something-" "Who even said you could be here Dr Knight!?"  He smiled down at her before wandering away with Zoe. "Okay on 3 Connie-" "No." "1, 2-"

"I can't Jacob-" "Yes you can baby, come on..." "3!"  Connie pushed for a final time, their ears ringing with a small high pitched cry. Alicia's eyes widened as she knelt beside Mr T and the new baby.  "Congratulations you've got a beautiful boy."

The baby was passed to Jacob as Connie's breathing became erratic. "Connie? Connie can you hear me?" She didn't answer causing Alicia to call out of the door for help. How could Jacob's world be so perfect in one second and so broken in the next?