Our Perfect Life

"Happy Birthday baby!" Connie smiled as she picked Charlie up with a smile. He wrapped his arms around her neck as she tickled his waist gently.

Connie was dressed in a tight-fitting black dress with her Louboutin's. Her hair fell straight down her back and her makeup was simple. "Go wake your Dad up, he'll love you for that." Connie watched as her son ran towards the bedroom and inside to jump on the bed.

"Hey mister!" Connie smiled from outside as she heard Jacob wake up and begin to talk to Charlie. She wandered downstairs glancing around at the decorations, balloons and presents laid out for him.

Everything Connie had wanted were inside these four walls. She could hear Charlie running down the stairs and Jacob's voice trailing behind him. "Woah calm down sweet heart you'll hurt yourself!" Charlie threw his arms around Connie's legs as he dipped behind her protecting himself.

"Jacob? Why are you covered in water?" He looked from Connie down to Charlie as she realised what he'd done. Trying to stop the smile spreading across her face she turned to Charlie and bent down to his level. "Baby did you pour water on Daddy?" Charlie nodded cowering a little before Connie smiled. "Good boy."

Charlie laughed hugging Connie before Jacob stepped behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist lifting her up with a laugh. He pulled her into his chest as her feet hit the floor once again, his lips pressing to her neck. "Thanks, I'll remind you of that when he does it to you-" "Oh he wouldn't because he knows who's in charge here."

Connie turned in Jacob's arms with a smile as Charlie ran into the living room. They remained looking at each other for a moment until she spoke. "Come on, he's not going to wait for us..." She held his hand and walked ahead of him into the living room where Charlie was jumping up and down.

Grace was already curled up on the sofa and began to laugh when Jacob walked in wet. He looked across at her unimpressed sitting next to her while he pulled Connie down onto his lap.

"Is this for me?" Connie smiled nodding. "They're all for you sweet heart, it's not anyone else's fourth birthday is it!?" Charlie slowly began to open presents while Connie and Jacob sat back watching.

After he'd excitedly made his way through them he sat on the floor trying to open one of the toys. "Pass it here..." Connie moved from Jacob's lap and sat herself on the floor helping him open it.

Jacob turned to Grace who was still laughing at him. "So what did happen to you?" Grace smiled as she sat up slightly. "Your little brother learnt too much from you that's what!" Jacob smiled as Charlie played with some of the cars he'd been bought.

It was a Wednesday morning so they still had to get to school. "Right it's about time you two headed up and got changed, go on... I'll leave these here for when you get home Charlie." He smiled as he ran towards the stairs with Grace following behind him.

Connie stayed sat on the floor contently as Jacob dropped off from the sofa and moved towards her. A small smile grew on her face as Jacob put his knees either side of her legs. She lifted her arms up to his shoulders as he let his hands press to her waist. "Mr Masters..."

He pushed his lips onto hers stopping her from speaking. The kiss took her by surprise but she soon responded to him. She wrapped her arms tighter around his neck as he crawled closer to her.

Jacob ran his hands along her sides before pushing her down to the floor. Their lips still pressed to one another's Connie felt him lace his fingers through hers. The moment was beginning to get heated before Jacob pulled his lips from hers and kissed her neck.

He touched her sides making her laugh before tickling her. She squirmed underneath him, a deep laughter erupting from her making Jacob's smile grow.

Charlie and Grace came running into the living room together. Jacob was still tickling Connie sitting across her waist while Charlie jumped onto Jacob's back. "Oh so we're being Mummy's little helper today are we?"

He'd removed his hands from Connie's waist to spin his son round from his back to sit across Connie. "He's always Mummy's little boy..." She stuck her tongue out childishly to Jacob as Charlie copied her.

Jacob glanced to Grace who held her hands up in surrender. "Don't bring me into this, I get beaten for whoever I pick-" "I'd never do that Grace, although if you say Jacob's better I will enjoy making you do your homework."

Grace shook her head smiling as she sat on the floor beside them all. Connie glanced at her watch realising they were running late. "Right you two shoes on, come on we're late!"

Grace went and helped Charlie while Jacob got up offering his hand to Connie. She took it and was pulled to a standing position before pulling her dress down. Jacob dropped his hands to her legs immediately with a sly grin. He gently pushed the dress up until his hands were running against her thighs, his fingertips grazing across her lace underwear.

"The things I could do to you-" "Mmm the things I'd let you do to me if we weren't already late, now get upstairs and get dressed!" Connie kissed him once before she pushed her dress down again and watched him wander upstairs. "We'll wait in the car Jacob!"

The three of them got inside and five minutes later Jacob joined them. "Let's roll." Connie drove to Grace's school where she jumped out and ran in meeting Amy by the gates.

Connie and Jacob both got out to walk Charlie into school. He held both their hands as they wandered up. They didn't get to do this often, normally Jacob took him in while Connie got sorted for work.

"Have a good day sweet heart, me and Daddy will come get you later." Connie placed a kiss to his cheek before he hugged Jacob and ran off inside. Connie watched with a smile as Jacob wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She glanced up at him before they began walking back to the car. "I love you, you know that right? You've been the most perfect Mother I could have wished for to my baby boy."

Connie smiled as he dropped his arm from her shoulders and took her hand. "In two weeks time I'll be calling you my wife and I can't wait to tell that to absolutely everyone." Connie rolled her eyes as they got in the car and drove to the ED. They both had shorter shifts today so they could spend all their time with Grace and Charlie on his birthday. She'd finally found a perfect balance between work and home, it had just taken the right man to help her with it.