Some Things Happen

As Connie woke up the previous night came flooding back to her. The dinner, the bay, the kiss, the sex... Oh no, please tell me I didn't say that.

Jacob began to stir beside Connie and noticed a worried expression etched across her face. As she felt him move she changed the expression to a content smile and he noticed, deciding not to bring any of it up right now.

"Morning sweet cheeks, I have to say last night was pretty good..." A smile spread across her lips, a genuine smile, and she couldn't help it. "So then Mrs Beauchamp what exactly would you be planning on doing today?" She levelled her eyes at him before realising he was being deadly serious. "I have to work today Staff Nurse Masters."

She went to climb out of the bed but felt his hands slowly and carefully move around her waist, caressing her skin as he did. He then moved forwards just enough so that he could press his lips to her back. He started at the bottom and made his way to the top, going across her shoulder blade and up to her neck. He heard her try to muffle a moan before he smiled against her skin and pushed her back down to the bed.

Before she could resist him, he forced his lips onto hers and kissed her. She barely tried to resist him, just let herself respond with equal passion and force. It was then that Connie realised he hadn't mentioned what she said last night so with one determined push she seperated herself from Jacob.

"Why haven't you asked me about last night?" "Because I thought you might not want to talk about everything that you did to me duri-" "I'm not on about the sex. I told you I-" "loved me, I know." Connie sighed closing her eyes as she felt Jacob's weight shift from above her to lay beside her again.

"I didn't bring it up because I saw how you looked this morning and I'm assuming it was because you remembered saying it. I wanted to wait until you were ready to talk." Connie didn't look at him but Jacob moved a hand under her chin turning her gently to look towards him.

"I know how I feel, and I know that I've never loved anyone the way I do you. But I understand if you need time to figure all this out-" she cut him off by kissing him. "Connie I never want you to feel like you have to say or do something around me. I want it to just happen-" "Like it did last night?" Jacob smiled "Yeah, you didn't over think it, just said it but if it scares you then we'll slow this down. I'm not going to lose you because you're worried things are happening too fast."

Connie thought about everything he was saying. No man had ever been this patient or spoken to her like this. They'd expected her to fall at their feet and move things on yet here Jacob was, the man she could say she really felt anything for since her last affair, was telling her not to rush with how she felt.

"I love you." Jacob looked across at her not expecting the words to fall from her lips again, at least not yet. "I do love you Jacob and yes it scares me to admit it but I can't help but love you. You've never tried to make me feel things that I knew I didn't already feel and you've never done anything except look out for me." Jacob raised a hand to her cheek before she leant down and kissed him.

He wrapped his hands around her waist pulling her down on top of him. "I love you Mrs Beauchamp-" "I love you too Staff Nurse Masters." He smiled against her lips before rolling over and leaning above her as she laughed.

Several hours later and Jacob sat up in the bed, his eyes glued to Connie who'd got out the shower and was getting dressed.

"You're beautiful you know that don't you?" He could see the colour rise in her cheeks as he spoke. She was standing in just her underwear, he'd never seen anything quite like her before. "You know I think you look fine like that-" "Mmm I think treating patients in my bra would really go down well."

"You wouldn't hear me complaining." His voice took her by surprise as his arms slipped around her waist, his breath against her ear before she felt his soft lips press to her neck. "I really do have to get dressed for work you know-" "Nobody's stopping you." Connie rolled her eyes turning in his arms to face him. His lips quickly kissing hers. "Get dressed, I'll go make us something to eat."

She watched as he wandered from her room in just his boxers. Connie turned her attention back to her wardrobe pulling out a pair of black trousers and a fitted white blouse with a black strip where the buttons were. Slipping her feet into her feels she grabbed everything for work, checked her hair and makeup before meeting Jacob in the kitchen.

"You didn't have to cook me anything..." He smiled putting a plate of food before her and standing back watching her. "Couldn't have the boss going hungry-" "Are you not eating?" Jacob shook his head before smiling and heading upstairs. Connie pulled her phone from her bag to see several messages from Alicia.

Sooo, how was last night? That was the first, the last was slightly more, well demanding shall we say. MRS BEAUCHAMP IF YOU DONT ANSWER THIS PHONE WE WILL COME ROUND THERE AND FIND OUT FOR OURSELVES HOW THE EVENING WENT!

Connie smiled to herself putting her phone back in her bag to see Jacob standing fully dressed in front of her. "You don't have to leave you know-" "Yeah I do..." Her face dropped assuming he couldn't wait to be away from all this. "Couldn't let a beautiful woman face Dr Munro's hassle alone could I?" She laughed looking at him reading his phone. "I'm glad it wasn't just me then."

The short drive to work was surprisingly comfortable despite the silence which had descended over them. Connie got out without any hesitation while Jacob considered how to play this. He got out when he realised Connie was waiting for him. "Take your time, it's not like I got anywhere to be is it?" "You're so funny aren't you." She smiled as he stood opposite her leaning in to kiss her which she accepted.

He took her hand in his as she interweaved her fingers through his causing him to smile. It was then that they noticed Alicia, Cal, Max and Zoe all standing outside together. "Morning Mrs Beauchamp-" "Morning Alicia-" "Alright mate-" "Max if you're going to ask say it now."

Connie frowned towards them all as Max came out with it. "How the hell did you manage to sleep with the boss?" "Who said anything about sleeping together? And you managed it once so it's not an impossible task now is it?" Cal laughed from beside Alicia as he then smiled towards Connie. "Well I for one am glad you finally did, couldn't stomach much more of the 'I don't care about him' act." Jacob smiled as he realised just how obvious she had been to everyone except herself.

"Anyway if you don't mind I believe my girl needs to get inside and work unlike you lot!" My girl? With that Jacob took her hand in his again and walked to her office. They stopped outside and she looked up at him. "What you said-" "Sorry-" "Did you mean that? Nobody's ever said that."

Jacob laughed. "Well it's the truth isn't it? You are my girl and I want everyone to know that." Connie nodded taking a step closer to him. "Well I can think of one way to make sure it gets around." With that Connie reached forward holding onto Jacob's jacket as she pulled him forwards before kissing him passionately, him responding to her immediately. When they parted the words carelessly fell from her lips again. "I love you..."