Party

Another month went by, it was Zoe's birthday and the staff had all arranged a party for her at a hotel on the outskirts of Holby.  Connie wasn't one for parties but she'd helped Charlie with the arrangements as she could see how helpless he had been at it all.

Alicia, Lily, Ethan and Robyn were all sat in the staffroom as Jacob wandered in backwards facing Connie. "You have to, you arranged most of it-" "Staff Nurse Masters I don't want to talk about it." 

"Mrs Beauchamp you are coming tonight aren't you-" "See what you've done."  She glared across at Jacob who sat at the table beside Alicia. "Nope, said she's staying at home."

Alicia moved to stand beside Connie. "You have to! Pleeeeeaseee..."  Connie rolled her eyes looking at Alicia begging her with a smile. "Fine-" "Yes!" "So you say yes to her but not your boyfriend?"  Alicia turned sticking her tongue out at him before slipping off into the department. Ethan excused himself while Connie leant against the counter looking to them at the table.

"Does Dr Hanna know about it?"  Connie shook her head. "No, she thinks that Rita, Dixie and me are taking her out-" "Wait a minute... So you were going tonight anyway?"  Connie smirked at Jacob who shook his head looking away.

"Anyway Lily, no she doesn't. Try and keep it that way for me."  She nodded before Robyn left the room with her leaving Connie and Jacob in the staffroom.

"Aww someone having a tantrum?"  Connie laughed as she stepped closer to him. She sat on the table in front of him as he rested his elbows on her thighs. "Why are you so annoying-" "Me? Spend 24 hours in my shoes and then call me annoying."  He faked a laugh before leaning up and pressing his lips to hers.

The moment began to get heated as someone stood in the doorway coughing. "If you can pull yourself away for long enough you're needed in resus Mrs Beauchamp."  Connie looked towards Rita who disappeared as quickly as she came. "I better go, talk to you later." Connie kissed him quickly before jumping down from the table.

"Staff Nurse Masters stop looking and do some work."  She didn't look back as she spoke but knew he was smirking. "You got told my friend-" Jacob let his arm fall around Lofty's shoulder with a smile. "Lofty, let me tell you something...  I don't get told. It's called having a beautiful and bossy girlfriend who likes to think you listen to her-" "Work! Now Staff Nurse Masters before I personally make your life a living hell!" He dropped his arm and headed towards cubicles leaving Lofty laughing. "Yeah you don't get told at all..."

Jacob stopped at Connie's office door as she was packing up. "You off home?" "Yeah, are you coming back now?" Jacob shook his head. "I'm going to help Charlie out then I'll be over." Connie nodded walking out of her office and closing the door.

She started walking towards the entrance with him. "Well you've got your key right?" He nodded holding them up before Connie stopped and turned to him. She tiptoed up, even in her heels she was short. Connie kissed him quickly before parting from him. "I'll probably be out by the time you're back so I'll see you at the hotel tonight-" "Okay love you."

She smiled walking out of the department while Jacob went back inside. Connie got home and changed into a tight black dress which fit her curves perfectly. She left her hair as it was falling around her shoulders before reapplying her lipstick.

Connie drove the short distance to Zoe's and waited outside. Eventually she came out and got into the car with Connie. "Anyone would think you didn't want to come out tonight..." Zoe rolled her eyes as they pulled away and began to drive.

"So what's happening tonight-" "Just a few drinks, somewhere quiet." She nodded sitting back and just looked out the window. They stopped at another house where Rita and Dixie both came out.

Zoe had got out of the car and into the back to sit beside Rita while Dixie took a seat in the front. "Right ladies I hope you're ready for a big night-" "Woah Connie just said a few quiet drinks."

Rita looked at Zoe. "Really? And you believe that we would let that happen?" Zoe rolled her eyes again as Connie continued to drive to the hotel.

Getting out Zoe frowned. "Why are we here-" "Unlike these two, I have some taste." Rita and Dixie pulled faces from behind Connie as they walked up the steps of the hotel and into the reception. She'd texted Jacob already to say they were on their way.

Connie, Rita, Dixie and Zoe went along a corridor and came to a bar. "This is nice-" "It's quiet..." Rita moaned as they all bought a drink and sat down at a small table.

They remained there talking and arguing until Connie's phone vibrated beside her. "God you can't be away from him for 5 minutes can you-" "You're only jealous that mine sends his texts to the right number! I need some fresh air, you coming?"

"I think I'll stay- no okay I'm coming apparently." Zoe went to refuse before Rita and Dixie moved pulling her with them. Zoe walked ahead of them in the direction Connie pointed. "You sure it's this way?" "Just shut up and go Zoe."

"SURPRISE!" Zoe looked about the room at her friends and colleagues all cheering. "What's all this?" Charlie hugged her. "Didn't think we'd let it slip did you?"

Zoe turned to Connie who was now standing with Jacob leaning into him. "You knew, all of you-" "Knew? The old battle axe helped plan it for you." Connie glared across at Rita who sarcastically forced a smile her way. Connie smiled brushing it off as Zoe looked at her.

"Really?" Connie shrugged. "Well it was Charlie's idea but he was hopeless at planning-" "Thank you." Zoe nodded before everyone resumed conversations and the music.

Jacob kept his arm around her waist as she finished her drink. "Do you want another one-" "No, I didn't book it at a hotel to stay down here drinking all night." Jacob had a sly smile on his face as she took his hand and dragged him from the room towards reception. "Room under Beauchamp."

Jacob just stood beside her smiling as she was handed the keys. "Enjoy your evening." Connie smiled and left in the direction of the room holding onto his hand still dragging him behind her.

They made it upstairs, barely, before Jacob's hands were on her body and her legs were wrapped around his waist as she kissed him. "I love you-" "Don't talk, just do..." He laughed nodding "As you wish boss." He winked before kissing her again and falling to the bed.