Godmother

Connie woke up to an empty bed. She sat herself up and looked around the bedroom. She turned to get out of the bed as Jacob rushed over. "Woah, where do you think you're going?" 

"Jacob I'm pregnant not incapable."  He resigned holding his hands up as she got out of bed. Everyone at the ED knew about the baby, it wasn't exactly a secret to be kept when Grace knew she was expecting a brother or sister.

She stood in front of the mirror while Jacob returned to the bathroom. Her hands ran across her 4 month bump before she dropped her hands and pulled something out of the wardrobe.

Jacob walked out to see Connie wearing a grey dress which stretched across her tummy. He couldn't help but smile as he watched her stand back up, her feet firmly in her heels.

Connie pulled her hair to one side and pinned it up into place after finishing her make up. Jacob came up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist until they joined together across her bump. "You look beautiful-" "Mmm, I look like I've spent way too much time sitting on the sofa eating."

Jacob grinned as he pressed a kiss to her neck. "Remind me what you did this whole weekend?" "Alright don't rub salt into the wound."  She let herself rest back against his chest as her hands rest on top of his. "You know you could always swap-" "I am not taking the heels off, no matter how hard you try."

He rolled his eyes as she smirked at him in the mirror. "Sooo, I was thinking.  Maybe you'd let me take you and Grace out this weekend?"  Connie smiled as he kissed her neck once again. "Depends on what you've got planned-" "Only the best for you."  He winked as she spun round in his arms.

Jacob pressed his lips against hers quickly before letting his hand rest on her stomach. "How's this one this morning?" "Treating my bladder like a punch bag." Jacob smiled before kissing her again but it was over far too quickly for her liking.  She narrowed her eyes as she spoke. "Don't do that to me-" "What sweet cheeks?"  He shrugged as he backed away from her. "You know what!"

"Didn't think you'd want any of that seeing as it's how we ended up here anyway."  Connie glared across at him before picking her bag up and heading downstairs. Grace was already at school so they just had to get to the ED.

An hour later Connie was roaming her department before being stopped by Charlie and Alicia. "So?"  Connie looked up at them oblivious. "So what?" "How was the scan yesterday?"  Connie smiled before taking her phone out.

She turned it to Alicia. "They're adorable-" "They're a black and white image Dr Munro."  The younger doctor shrugged before passing the phone back. "Before you ask Charlie, yes the heartbeats stronger and no I'm not taking on more hours again." 

He nodded as Alicia walked away with Connie towards her office.  The women went into her office and sat on the sofa beside each other. "Are you going to find out the gender?"  Connie shook her head. "We decided to leave it, Jacob wants to know but he also knows not to anger a hormonal Beauchamp." 

Alicia laughed as Jacob wandered in with two drinks. "Here you go beautiful... Hey Alicia."  Connie smiled taking the drink from Jacob as he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Please tell me this is real coffee-" "Nope."  Connie groaned as she took a sip of it.

"How you feeling-" "I've been here two hours, I'm fine Jacob honestly."  He nodded with a smile sitting on the arm of the chair. Connie rest her hand against his thigh and traced circles on it without even thinking about it.

Connie looked back at Alicia and resumed their conversation. "Anyway, some people have more brains than you originally think."  She smirked as Alicia raised her eyes quickly to see Jacob's reaction but he was oblivious.

Connie moved looking uncomfortable. "You okay?"  She nodded as Alicia watched her smile. "Your godchild is just deciding to remind me they're still there."  Alicia's eyes lit up as she realised what Connie meant. "Come here..." She held Alicia's hand and pressed it to the top of her stomach before she could speak.

They went quiet for a moment before Alicia laughed. "They've got a good kick on them-" "You can say that again!"  Alicia continued to smile as she felt a few more kicks. "Yeah get used to being beaten up god-mummy."  Jacob grinned down at Alicia as she looked at them both. "You really meant that? Oh my god I can't wait." 

She leant forwards and hugged Connie before standing up and doing the same to Jacob. "I'm going to have a godchild!"  Alicia squealed like an excitable child as Cal appeared in the doorway. "Anyone would think you were having the baby Alicia-" "I'm a godmother!" 

Connie watched as she hugged Cal. "How's Amy?"  Cal smiled with a nod. "All settled into her new school, and starting her new football team this weekend."  Connie smiled happy that things appeared to be working out for them.

Alicia remained in Cal's embrace in the doorway of Connie's office. Neither her or Jacob said anything but they both thought the same thing.  They'd been growing closer each week and it was only a matter of time before it happened.

"We should really get back to work, I'd rather like to be alive by the end of the day."  Connie smiled as Alicia let go of Cal hugging Connie awkwardly over her bump once more.

Once they'd left Jacob slipped down onto the sofa pushing Connie to one side. She let her head fall back to his chest while her hand settled on his leg again. Jacob draped his hand across her stomach unexpectedly feeling a kick. "He really is going for it isn't he?" "He?"

Connie raised an eyebrow looking up at Jacob. "Yeah, I reckon it's a little boy.  Why?"  Connie shook her head with a smile. "Nothing, but you owe me £10 when its a little girl-" "You're on Beauchamp."  They remained on the sofa for a while talking about the baby before they both thought it was best to do some work.