I Do

"So traditionally this is down to the father of the bride... And many of you may have realised that a few important people are missing from today.

Connie's parents both passed away many years ago now but I know how proud they would be of you right now. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing your child happy, and although I'm not your father I can't help the joy that I feel seeing you like this.

You've been like a daughter of mine and those beautiful children of yours, Grace and Charlie like grandchildren to me. I am so proud of who you are Connie, don't ever let someone tell you you're not good enough.

You see that look on her face. I never saw that until she met you. Jacob no matter what she says, she's loved you for a long time it's just admitting it took her a lot longer.

Take care of her. Treat her how she deserves to be treated. And never let her go because nobody could ever replace what you've got with one another.

Giving you away today filled me with so many emotions. Joy, sadness, honour, a sense of letting go and it was hard to keep smiling. But seeing how happy it all made you made it worth while."

Charlie smiled down at Connie as he lifted his glass. "To a perfect a daughter and the man who really did fulfil all her dreams." Everyone toasted to Connie and Jacob before he took his seat beside Connie again. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he held her tightly.

Cal stood up from beside Jacob as he patted him on the shoulder. "I never knew how hard it would be to make a speech. I could handle doing it for a friend, a good friend that's become a sort of brother to you... It's when he's marrying your boss it gets a little risky."

Connie smiled to herself as people around the room laughed lightly. "People have said that they see our relationship like siblings. I guess I do feel like an older brother sometimes. Would you agree with that lil sis?" He glanced to Jacob who punched his leg gently while everyone else laughed. "Guess not..."

"Seeing the happy couple walking down the aisle earlier today, I'm sure we can all agree the bride looked absolutely stunning. The groom on the other hand simply looked stunned. I think that sums up these two pretty well.

Jacob never could believe how lucky he'd been with Connie. He never felt good enough for her, never thought that she'd fall for someone like him. And he wasn't alone I didn't believe any of it for a second either! But in all truth, Connie is perfect for him.

She's beautiful, headstrong, caring and most of all loves him. Everyone can assume things, but nobody really knows anything until it happens. And as soon as this did happen, we all knew it was right."

Connie had expected a lot from Cal's speech but nothing like this. She looked to Jacob who was looking rather emotional himself at Cal's words.

"I'll get straight to the point now. I don't want to keep the happy couple any longer than I have to as I know they are itching to go upstairs and well I'll leave the rest to your imaginations..."

Connie dropped her head to her hands as Jacob laughed. She felt his hand glide along her thigh as he dipped his lips to her ear. "He isn't wrong though sweet cheeks-" "Shut up Mr Masters."

Jacob smiled at her as they listened to the end of Cal's speech. "Thank you to everyone who came to join us today in celebrating this. It's been an incredible day and it really is the start of something good.

Congratulations Jacob on finding such an amazing, generous and gorgeous woman to really call yours. And Connie, try not to break him he's no where near as tough as he likes you to think he is... I've got some great stories for you but I'll leave those for another day. Congratulations again, to Connie and Jacob."