Just The Two Of Us

Jacob had the day off but Connie had barely enough energy to sit up in bed. Grace wandered in with a smile as Connie patted the bed beside her. "Morning beautiful-" "Hey Mum, are you okay?"  She nodded with a forced smile. "I'm just tired sweetheart, how does a movie day in bed sound?"

Grace got comfortable beside Connie, her head resting onto her chest. Neither of them knew about her pregnancy still and she couldn't seem to bring herself to tell Jacob who'd been nothing but supportive of her.

After laughing their way through a film Connie tried getting out of bed. "Mum-" "It's okay, why don't you pick another movie while I go see if we've got some popcorn?"  Grace nodded with a smile as Connie disappeared downstairs.

She clung to the banister either side before getting to the bottom and walking in. Jacob's face lit up seeing her. "Sweet cheeks?"  He was immediately before her placing his lips on hers. Connie responded at first with equal passion and force, it seemed to give her energy that she couldn't otherwise find. She walked with him until his back pressed against the fridge.

Connie deepened the kiss feeling his hands on her bum. She tiptoed up and she continued to kiss him. It had been so long since she'd been like this with him. For one reason or another she couldn't bring herself to be close enough and she hated herself for it. She craved his touch and she hated to think of how he felt through all this.

She let her hands fall to his shirt as his trailed around to her hips before gently crossing her stomach. That's when she pulled back. "Woah, Con what's-" "Just leave it Jacob."  She snapped at him turning away, he would have noticed something was different if they'd carried on then. How could she be so stupid.

Connie opened the cupboard door and tried reaching for something but couldn't. She let her hand drop to the counter as she huffed. She felt Jacob's chest pressed against her back as he reached above her taking something down and passing it to her. "Thank you."

Jacob closed the cupboard door before snaking his arms around her waist. Immediately Connie pushed his hands away and crossed the kitchen. "B-" "Just don't Jacob.  I don't want you touching me all the time."  He watched as Connie continued with what she was doing.

Connie pressed her hands against the counter forcing the tears to not give her away. She managed to contain them before finishing what she was doing. She had no choice but to wait for the popcorn to finish heating up so had to remain in the kitchen.

Jacob spoke from the other side of the kitchen. "This is over isn't it? You and me..." Connie spun around to face him, a mix of emotions across her face. She started to shake her head no longer trying to keep the tears in. "Jacob-" "Con, you've barely been anywhere near me these last few weeks."  She crossed the kitchen to stand before him.

Her hand rested against his chest as she looked up at him. "I love you, I don't want you to leave me-" "Talk to me, I'm worried about you."  Connie glanced away to nothing in particular. Jacob let a hand rise to her chin lifting it so she looked at him. "I'm scared... Scared that I can't do what everyone needs me to do. Scared that normal isn't a thing anymore. Scared I'll lose you." 

Jacob leant closer to her and pressed his lips against hers gently. Connie kept her hands pressed against his chest before he wrapped her in a hug. Jacob pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "I don't want to lose you, but you don't let me in..."  Connie moved to wrap her arms around him.

Connie went to speak again as the microwave pinged causing her to jump. She sighed as he moved to take it out and pour it into a bowl. "Here take this upstairs and spend some time with Grace-" "No."  Jacob raised an eyebrow as she stepped closer to him and pushed her lips onto his.

She knew she should have spent the time to tell him but in all honesty she just wanted to feel his hands on her. Connie deepened the kiss as Jacob's hands went beneath the dressing gown to her waist. She stopped for a moment before Jacob's lips pressed up to hers again.

Connie undid the buttons of his shirt before holding onto it and pulling him towards the sofa. They stumbled towards the living room until Connie pushed Jacob down onto the sofa. She leant above him, straddling his waist as she continued to keep her lips on his.

Jacob's hands moved down her waist to rest on her thighs. Connie pressed her hands against his chest revelling in the contact of their skin. Jacob trailed his hands back up her body until he was holding onto her waist again. He sat up pushing her backwards before she was sitting between his legs.

Jacob moved a hand to rest in the back of her hair letting it get tangled. "I love you-" "I love you too."  Connie pushed her lips to his again before feeling him push her backwards. Jacob pinned her hands down to the sofa as he continued deepening the kiss.

Both of them were desperate for it but as Jacob trailed his lips along her neck they heard Grace call from upstairs. "Mum!?"  Jacob continued to trail kisses across her skin as she tried answering. "Yes baby!" "Is the popcorn done? I'm hungry and the films about to start!"  Connie groaned both at his touch and having to leave this. "I'll be right up baby!" 

Connie moved a hand to the back of his neck as he looked down at her. "Sorry-" Jacob kissed her again stopping her from speaking. She moved her hands to his waist band but he laced his hands with hers. "I can wait sweet cheeks..." He winked down at her before pulling her up off the sofa. "Where'd you think you're going?" 

Jacob looked back at her as she grabbed the bowl of popcorn before taking his hand. "You're coming to watch films before Grace no doubt gets bored, leaves the room, finds her tablet and headphones leaving us to do whatever we want..."  A sly grin passed his face as she pressed her lips to his once more. "I love you Constance Beauchamp but you're one demanding and confusing lady-" "Don't I know it."