15.

"Anakin? Hellooo? Anakin? Skywalker? Anakin Skywalker? Hello?" I kept trying to get him to talk to me. "Why won't you talk to me? Where are we going?" I asked.

He sat there, his hood off but his face so determined on what he was doing. It wasn't until the ship went into hyperspace did he actually answer me.

"I didn't want to argue while we were flying.." Anakin said, turning his chair around to face me.

"Argue? About what?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"About where we're going.. (Y/N), I'm sorry. It's these visions. They aren't just dreams. They can't be. They feel too real to be just dreams. I'm sorry, but I have to go home and help my mother. I feel like I don't have a choice anymore." Anakin's eyes were pleading. I knew of these nightmares. I knew how this must've felt if he feels like he can prevent it. Why he thinks I would've argued with him is a mystery. I trust him.

"I trust you." I said, and it was all I needed to say. "Where exactly is 'home' for you?" I realized that was a question I hadn't actually asked him. As Jedi we don't usually have a "past" before joining the order. But Jedi who were found late like us do.

"Tatooine." Anakin grumbles.

"Thats in the outer rim right?" I confirm. He only nods in response. "Isn't that where most bounty hunters go?" I ask with no response but based on his face it was a question I shouldn't have asked. "I've never been. What's it like?" I asked.

"Dry. Miserable." Anakin leaned back. I could tell things were bothering him. He's not usually a quiet guy.

"Sounds cozy... Tell me what you're thinking?" Silence. "Anakin?"

"I hated it there." He mumbled, his anger building up.

"It was that bad?" I ask, and instantly I knew I shouldn't have. He shook his head and stood up. Pacing back and forth.

"I was a slave, (Y/N)! A slave.. and so was my mother. But I couldn't free her before I left for Jedi training. I should've came back, I should've found a way to free her. I know we aren't supposed to have attachments but.. (Y/N), she's my mother." The last bit of what he said was so weak. I could tell he was so vulnerable, and he hated it. It was like he never actually told anyone before, I felt honored to be the person he shared this with.

"Anakin, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for following the rules of the Jedi, your mother surely understands." I rubbed his back. Trying to calm him down.

"It's not fair.. I could've protected her earlier." He said, letting a single tear fall.

"It might not be too late, I'll do all I can to help you." I wiped his tear away.

"Thank you." He said after a short silence. Hugging myself closer to him.

~

After landing on Tatooine, Anakin and I put our hoods on and we walked to the town.

"We're going to need to find some new clothes." Anakin suggested,

"Why would we do that?" I asked.

"Assassins are looking for two Jedi. These cloaks make it too obvious what we are. This place is full of bounty hunting scum." Anakin explains. I finally agree after needing a bit more convincing.

  We go to a shop where Anakin once knew the owner, luckily he looks much different from when he was 9. We buy new cloaks, Anakin wears a new hooded black one that covers his entire body as I opt for a silk light blue color with little flowers that wraps around my head and covers my entire body except for a cut out on my shoulders. I had never seen myself look so feminine, it was odd.

"You look beautiful." Anakin told me, walking out of the shop. It's uncomfortable to react to a thing like that. What do normal people say to that?

"It's so weird being in something like this." I mutter, shifting it to make it easier to walk. I tried my best to smooth over the compliment.

"What do you mean?" He asks, holding his arm out as he guides me to a carriage.

"I mean something this... feminine. It's just much different from the mobility of my other clothes." I explain, sitting on the carriage. I was really curious to meet the people of his past.

"Either way, you look beautiful to me." He says, placing his hand over mine. I shivered and automatically, as if I had been trained to do it, I pulled away. I hide my face from his.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I muttered. He sighed. So much angst.

"I am too." He says quietly. Instantly I feel bad about it, his mother is in pain or dying or dead and I just made things worse.

"This is our stop." Anakin stopped the driver after a bit of silence.

He helped me off the carriage and we walked to this little shop where a Toydarian man was trying to fix something.

They begin speaking in another language I don't know. But from what I pick up Anakin tries to help finish the part the man is working on. Then when Anakin opens his cloak up a bit more the man notices his clothes and begins to get scared because he's a Jedi.

Anakin asks for a Shmi Skywalker. Thats when the man looks up at Anakin's face.

"Ani? Little Ani?" Anakin hands the man back his part, fixed now. "It is you! Wow, you sure have sprouted, huh?" The man begins to flap his wings from happiness. "A Jedi? Wow.. Say maybe you can help me with some scum who owe me money-"

"Another time," Anakin cut him off. "I'm looking for my mother, is she here?" Anakin asked, the mans face grew solemn.

"Shmi? Oh, yeah see.." He began to rub his neck.

"She is alright?" Anakin asked him, nervous himself now.

"Yes! Yes! But yeah, see, I sold her-" he started, but Anakin stopped him.

"Sold her?" Anakin's face shifted to a threatening look, I then realized this must be the man that owned Anakin and his mother.

"Yeah! Years ago! I'm sorry little Ani, but business is business. But I heard this new guy, Lars, I think, I hear he even feeds her! Even better, he married her!" The news was a shock to Anakin. He furrowed his brows,

"Do you know where I can find them?" He asked,

"Well, no. But lets see if I have it somewhere, you and your lady friend may come inside." He invited us in.

"Oh, I'm not his-" I started but Anakin elbowed me to stop me.

"Let him be." Anakin smirked.

"Him, or you?" I raised an eyebrow, he winked at me but soon we were both being talked over by the Toydarian man leading us to wherever Anakin's mother is.