50.

A couple of months later and I'm truly back on my feet. I gave Anakin the cold shoulder until he definitely more than enough made up for it. He would leave me a flower every day, or a nice note when I was home. And some other stuff. If ya know what I mean.

So besides the war increasing every second, and my men being shot down quicker than expected, life was going well again for me. I just finished my 16th official mission with the Green Company to go help the people of Toydaria. They were pulling away from being an independent system and needed the help of the Jedi to keep the Separatists from forcefully taking their world. I have my troops and Gree there right now securing. I just came back to discuss with the council about our next actions with the Toydarians. They need support and especially food to their people after the battle.

After finding my next orders, I went to Anakin's quarters to see him before I left. But he wasn't there. He must be on a different mission. I sighed because I missed him so much. The battle took over a month on Toydaria. Even then I only saw him through holograms and in the middle of it when the 501st got us out of a rut.

Instead I went to Padmé's room. That's where I found Anakin. Perfect.

"Hello?" I said, walking into the room. I looked at them comfortably on the couch. They had refreshments and Anakin was laid back wit his arm over the couch - and, indirectly, her. "Sorry for interrupting."

"(Y/N)! No, you didn't interrupt at all." Padmè said, standing up to give me a hug. Which I accepted, but as I faced over her shoulder I gave Anakin a concerned look, "I thought you were still on Toydaria! Anakin was just telling me all about what a struggle it is there."

"We were able to keep the Separatists off of the Planet for now. Until I get a call from Gree, the Toydarian's should be safe for now." I smiled. Happy to be in the company of my friend.

"I'm so happy to hear that, I've heard good things about your legion. The republic is very happy to have you." She sat back down, and I took a seat across the table.

"I can't stay away from the action for too long." I said.

"That's good, (Y/N), I'm glad to know you're safe." Anakin spoke for the first time.

"Same for you, Anakin." I said, looking away from him.

"(Y/N), I've been needing to talk to you about something." Padmè started, "I understand you were once close with the Bonteri family?" She asks. Oh boy, I knew where this was going. When I returned from a mission a month ago the council asked me to do something involving the Bonteri family that I wasn't comfortable with.

"I was. But that's all behind me. I'm much older than I was then. If you're going to ask me to spy on them, I already told the council it was a bad idea." I said.

"How do you know the Bonteri family?" Anakin asked. I scratched the back of my neck.

"My parents were good friends with them. My mother was a mentor to Mina Bonteri, before she became a Senator." I explained. "Our families were close then."

"Not just that though?" Padmé smirked.

"I'm not sure what you mean." I said, I tried to give the look of not to tell, but she wasn't looking at me. She stared at her glass in amusement.

"Were you not already betrothed to Lux Bonteri before entering the Jedi Order?" Padmé let it slip. I saw Anakin's eyes were surprised.

"Betrothed is a strong word, it was never such a business matter. More like our parents would have wanted that to happen as we grew up and spent close time together." I tried to explain, but I could feel Anakin's unease.