66.

Everything was different. I stared in mirror at my belly growing. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be at this point. But I read for women who are active it's normal to have a smaller belly. Still it worried me, I only found comfort in when I'd feel the child move and kick.

I looked at my face, hard and beaten now. This war has changed me. Again, I was alone. It's been a month without Caleb, and I could only imagine where he was now.

I had received word that the Chancellor has been kidnapped my General Grievous. I requested to be put on this mission. I will not lose another person important to me because of this war. So now I return for the first time.

I have only been on other worlds since Caleb left. Again, I refuse to return to Coruscant to face the council.

Anakin hates that I won't see anyone besides my fleet and danger. He thinks I do this personally. But I didn't care. I felt my soul spiraling down so quickly. I felt my heart ache every passing day. That child was my responsibility, and I failed him. Everything I believed in, failed him. He was my child. How could I ever be a parent to Anakin and I's real child if all I knew failed.

I fell asleep every night to nightmares of failing Anakin, and delivering still born children. I was so concerned for these babies. Every night the nightmares developed, they grew scarier and more real. The one that occurs the most is the most frightening of all:

I laid there.
Breathlessly I gave the last push.
But the only crying came from myself.
The hand I was holding released mine.
The ringing in my ears was too loud.
I could feel them.
They were alive.
Why were they telling me they were dead?
They were alive.
Anakin was so disappointed.
He cried.
The man I vowed to always satisfy,
Cried.
He stared at me like there was no love.
Like we had nothing.
Like I had betrayed him.
I felt them coming for us.
Someone was coming for me.
"I will always keep you safe." I told him.
"I know." He muttered, "Sleep now, my love."
He left the room with two droids I recognized.
I didn't recognize this room at all, though.
Anakin can't leave me.
I screamed for him to return to me.
But he never did.
I allowed my eyes to close.
It was only for a moment.
When I opened them:
I looked to the cribs.
The cribs were empty.
They took them.
They took my family from me.

~

I flew my fighter alongside Anakin and Obi-Wan's fighters. The council graced me with this mission of sneaking aboard Grievous' ship, I knew they would, after all I had done it before. Plus we broke into the Citadel, we could break in anywhere.

Obi-Wan lead us as we grazed across the sides and top Republic Star Destroyers over Coruscant. Together with spins and twirls in uniform we avoided blasts from destroyed Separatist ships and missiles and blasts.

"Master, (Y/N), General Grievous' ship is straight ahead. The one crawling with vulture droids." Anakin says.

"I see it." I tell him, noticing the large ship being very well guarded.

"Oh, well this is going to be easy." Obi-Wan's sassy remark came throw the headset. Obi-Wan then called for his men to meet us at our position.

The attack team followed behind us as the vulture droids came to meet us.

"Let them pass between us!" Anakin said. The three of us, being Jedi found it easy to get through them. But there were so many of them.