51.

The next morning, I had to rip myself away from Anakin's bed and I quickly ran to the councils chambers. I tried to look for any of the masters to tell them I'll take the mission. If it helps ends this war, I'll swallow my feelings. I need to overcome once and for all, all fears of my past.

I saw Master Kenobi looking outside of the window in the hall.

"Obi-Wan." I called his attention.

"General (Y/L/N)." He bowed, he was always so formal, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, I'm just here to talk to you about the mission the Council tried to get me to take a few weeks ago?" I joined him at the window.

"Oh- that won't be necessary." He sighed.

"Why not?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Well, I'm sorry (Y/N). But we've just received word that Mina Bonteri is dead." He put a hand on my shoulder, "I know as a child you were close to that family."

"How?" I asked. I felt my mouth go dry. I wasn't sure why because in reality I wasn't close to them at all. It was my parents.

"There are whispers it was Count Dooku who ordered it. Theres been a lot of changes on Onderon." He tells me. I felt a chill go down my back.

"Like what?" I ask,

"Well Dooku has imprisoned their King, and replaced him with 'King' Rash and his droid army." He touches his beard as I scoff.

"We have to do something, right? We have to help them." I tried. I swallowed my sick, I could see him hesitate to see if he would need to move out of the way.

"There's not much we can do. We're running low on supplies and means as it is. To help another world that isn't apart of the senate could mean bad things for everyone." He said, "They already do have a rebellion set-"

"That's perfect then! We could get a team together and help them learn how to fight for themselves." I pleaded, "Then we don't have to lose anymore of our men."

"Are you sure?" He rose a brow,

"Obi-Wan, I'm a general of troops soul job is to fight on the ground and keep order on foreign planets. This is my speciality. I helped train my new troops I can train these rebels. I just need a team." I said.

"I'll try to fight for it in the council meeting tonight, but if you get a team together, save me a seat." He smiled. I hugged him.

"Thank you." I said.

"Are you alright?" He asked, pulling away from the hug.

"Yeah, I think I just caught a little cold or something. Nothing serious." I nodded. He looked skeptical, "Nothing that can't prevent me from doing my duties."

"It better be. We need you out there." He said, before he could dismiss himself I needed to ask another question.

"Is Lux Bonteri-" I began to ask,

"He's alive. He was the one who alerted us, he's with the rebellion. I can't guarantee that when you see him again, he won't be your friend from when you were young." He says.

"I wouldn't expect that. I certainly have changed from my pretty dresses. But it'll be nice to see him again. To see a piece of my past." I said with a weak smile.

"I'm sure Anakin will be apart of this 'team' as well?" He teased.

"If he agrees to come. It'd be nice to have him along." I winked.

"Don't do anything dumb." He said as we parted ways.

I rolled my eyes and left to the privacy of my room. I felt as though my head was spinning. I was sweating. I was confused, I have never really gotten sick. As a Jedi our bodies can fight off any kind of common sickness, it's only if we get injected with something. And as far as I'm aware I haven't had any kind of contact with sickness.

I went to my bathroom, and stared at myself in the mirror. I felt my stomach and throat burn as I needed to relieve myself in the toilet, coughing up any remnants of my last meal and stomach acids. Afterwards I felt a little better besides the aching cramps in my abdomen. I used as much energy I could to brush my teeth quickly then lay in bed till they settled enough to go have a meeting with the chancellor.

I went to his velvety red room. I was met with his right hand men.

"I'm here to see the Chancellor." I told them.

"Does he know you're coming?" They asked.

"We agreed to meet today." I lied.

"Let us alert him." the one with blue skin and horns said, one day I should learn their names.

They let me into the Chancellors quarters.

"(Y/N). Excellent seeing you safe." He smiles from behind his desk.

"Some droids could never harm me and my troops, Chancellor." I smiled.

"Of course not. Is anything the matter, you don't look very good?" He asked, gesturing to take a seat but instead I go to look out his window. It's the most beautiful landscape on the planet.

"Everything is alright. But I did just learn about Mina Bonteri's death." I sighed.

"I had no idea you two were so close." He rose an eyebrow. "What happened to her the Jedi couldn't prevent. It's not on you."

"When I was young. Obviously I haven't seen her or her family since I joined the order. But it's more difficult than I thought it would be to rip away from the past." I tell him, really asking for guidance. "I never know where the people I... used to... know before I joined the Order are. It never used to bother me, but thinking back it hurts that I couldn't do more to save her. To help her family and people, even if she was a Separatist." I said.

"It's completely normal to have regrets. I have them. But surely they must all be proud of what you've become. I'm sure they'd all be want you to move on to the biggest and best things for you - and this galaxy." He tells me, coming to join me at the window.

"But I'm confused. I shouldn't be having the thoughts I do. They suggest too much attachment to when I was young. To my parents, and the life I had before. Before it was all taken away from me. Before all choice was taken. Before I found out I even had something to offer to the world." I said.

"Do you miss your parents?" He asked.

"No." I stated, "My life is here now. I realized when I rejected a mission to Onderon the first time that I hadn't swallowed my fears of my past. But now I have. There is nothing I can do to change it. These things have helped me to where I am. I thank my parents, somehow I was able to get my power from them. It gave me an out. They weren't capable of keeping our family together. It's not their fault. I chose to leave after my brother pushed me to, but not in the way he wanted. Staying away from family would be the best decision."

"Sometimes caring about people drives you more, they give you something to fight for." He encourages me.

"If one day, I was able to have a family. Allowed to have people I cared about, maybe I'd understand that. I'd be able to protect them like my parents weren't able to." I imagined what it'd be like to have a child with Anakin one day. He would be the only man I'd ever want to give a child.

"Maybe one day, you will. Many Jedi have left the Order once they felt they needed to to have a family." He sits back in his chair. "You are smart, and wise, (Y/N). It truly has been a pleasure watching you grow. You're not that little girl on Alderaan anymore." He smiles, I take a seat. I also smile, only the Chancellor sees me this way sometimes. That I'm not a child.

"You remind me of my father, Chancellor, Thank you for encouraging me." I said. "I don't know if I would've stayed in the Order after the War if it weren't for you."

"I will wear that label, proudly. Someone in your life should give you the praise you deserve." He nodded. "I know you aren't here, defending the Republic, by accident. The Force has willed you to your rank."

"The force has guided me to some weird places." I comment.

"But necessary?" He rose an eyebrow.

"I only do things by necessity." I told him. Finding certainty in that statement. He nodded.

"Good."