45.

When I got to Master Windu's room I was surprised to find that he wasn't there. It was strange, he's never missed our meetings before. I waited there for almost 15 minutes before I got tired of waiting for him.

 I walked aimlessly around the halls, contemplating what I saw in my meditated state. I ended up by my room and decided to go in instead of my aimlessness. I laid down on my bed. I daydreamed briefly about being the  kind of General I want to be. If the council does advance me they'll see that whatever squad they give me will be able to do amazing things. Even the things I do with Master Windu's unit is always successful. I am not afraid of being a knight. I don't need anyone to look at me like I'm less than worthy. Like I am not a threat. I want Anakin and I to be on the same level, so we can be together more.

 I begin thinking of Anakin. I miss him. It's only been maybe 4 or 5 days, but the fact that he's still here, in Coruscant, maybe 2 floors above me, mad at me, bothers me. All I've ever wanted was to make sure he's okay. That he's happy and safe. He does the same for me. I just wish I did a better job of explaining myself. I just didn't want to put my Jedi career at risk now, especially when Obi-Wan was so suspicious so recently. I thought maybe time apart would be good. But WOW this sucks.

 There was a knock on my door, so I got out of bed to answer. When I opened the door Obi-Wan was there.

 "Oh, hello." I greeted him.

 "Hello, (Y/N). Master Windu sent me. The council requests your presence at our meeting tonight." He told me.

 "Oh, okay. Thank you." I said.

 "Are you alright? You seem conflicted." He said.

 "I'm alright. Just not excited to have the council turn me away again." I rolled my eyes.

 "You've worked very hard. I cannot speak for the rest of the council but I'm on your side." He smiled. "Walk with me." he said. I followed him out the door and closed it behind me. We walked outside and began our talk.

 "Thank you, Master Kenobi." I said. He nodded in response. It was nice to have company.

 "What is it that's troubling you?" He asked.

 "Don't get me wrong, I trust the council's decisions, but to be tossed aside all the time is so frustrating." I said, "Not just in this knight situation. But also before, when Master Unduli passed I had no real guidance for half of a year, despite the fact that Master Unduli and I always went on difficult tasks always coming out victorious. It's begun to feel like my abilities aren't enough anymore. Like they don't trust me. Why do they not see that I've grown so much stronger than any of my peers?"

  "No one on the council has questioned your strength. You are very strong in the force, (Y/N), stronger than we know. We just don't want to make any mistakes. I assure you, it will be made up to you in time. Your training will pay off." He told me.

 "I know. It still troubles me." I tell him. We walk to the garden.

 "The council is not the only thing troubling you, is it?" He says. I shake my head.

 "Anakin is not talking to me. He is my best friend. I feel as though I am in the wrong, but he won't allow me to fix it." I spill.

 "Anakin is a stubborn man. He seems to be going through a similar deal." He said. When we were in a far part of the garden, away from anyone, he stopped me. "Anakin told me." he said. I blinked a few times, I felt my heart stop.

 "He t-told you? Told you what?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

 "The relationship you two have is much stronger than a friendship. He told me the whole thing. I understand it. I may not completely agree, but you two are excellent at what you do despite the attachment you've made for each other. As long as you both agree that duty comes first, I won't tell a soul. I'll help you as much as I can." He told me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was blown away. There was no way he told Obi-Wan, how could he have been that brave to put both of us at risk. I didn't know what to say, what if this was a trap?