56.

"Anakin, you'll need to return back to Coruscant as soon as possible. You and your troops are needed in the Ryloth system." Master Windu told Anakin and I separately in the back.

"You're sure they... Yes, Masters." Anakin stopped his disobedience and bowed.

"And Captain Gree will need to return to the 41st to investigate a possible uprise in one of the neutral systems. They cannot continue without leadership. This mission will need to end as quickly as possible." Mace glared at me.

"They're getting better, Master. They'll have their planet back in only a couple of days if they play their cards right." I told him.

"That better be true. Because you only have a few days before you don't have any time to give them left. You and the padawans will need to take care of it from here on out." He told me.

"Is it really smart to leave Ahsoka here on her own?" Anakin spoke for his padawan.

"She won't be alone, your padawan will be with (Y/N). She'll be in good hands." Mace said, "She'll rejoin you once the rebels are fully capable of defending themselves."

"I-" Anakin began to speak but Master Windu wouldn't have it.

"Trust me, I taught her everything she knows. I'll see you in Coruscant before the next rotation." Then the transmission ended.

"It's fine, I can take care of the rebels. If they execute this plan well they won't need all of us. There's a war happening, they'll understand you leaving." I comforted Anakin.

"I know but," his voice got quiet, "I don't want something to happen to you or Ahsoka and I'm not here."

"Nothing will happen to me, or Ahsoka. You know me, I don't do anything without a fight." I punched his arm. "Plus you know I love Ahsoka. I'd rather die than let her get hurt, she'll be safe with me."

"That's exactly what I'm worried about. I don't want to think about losing either of you. And when will we even be able to be together again? How long will it be until you come back the same time I am? I don't want to keep having to rendezvous with your troops in major emergencies." He asked me. It started to scare me.

"I don't know, Anakin. But we both knew what we were getting ourselves into when we decided to take this chance. We'll finish up here and then I can join you all back on the battle field." I said, he wouldn't look at me.

"Hey, I don't want to lose you either. You know that right? I'd rather die than lose you." I caressed his hand but he only nodded, "What's wrong?" No answer, "Anakin, please don't shut me out."

"Like you always do?" He lashed out at me. I couldn't say anything. We were having issues, I knew we were.

"This isn't about me." I said.

"No, it never is. It's always about me. And how I've wronged you. But I hurt too, (Y/N), I'm so patient with you because I love you. And I respect your wishes. But you never respect mine." He whisper shouted at me, although we were alone we still couldn't afford to be loud.

"It's not that I don't respect your wishes. I understand them. I don't want you risking your life either. But I don't adhere to your said wishes because your always wishing me to stop fighting, the one thing I'm good at. I'm not Padmé, this is what I've been trained for my whole life." I said.

"(Y/N), you were shot twice yesterday! I had to take your limp body and carry you to a med center and watch again as you were sedated and they tried to save your life. Ahsoka had to pull me out. That's hardly being good." He scoffed, and I couldn't hold myself back anymore, I slapped him. I full on slapped him because how dare he. How dare he say that my one mess up disqualifies me as good fighter.

"You might be my husband, but you have no right to speak to me that way. You were always the mature one. We are supposed to support each other, not tear each other down. You don't think every time you leave I get scared you won't return? Because good or bad fighter you walk into a war you have just as much of a risk as the person next to you." I said, in my calm voice.

"I'm sorry." He said, holding his cheek.

"I'm sorry, too." I crossed my arms over my stomach. We stood there for a little while.

"You're not a bad fighter. You've saved so many lives. I shouldn't have said that." He said. Just because he shouldn't have said it doesn't mean he didn't mean it.

"I shouldn't have slapped you." I said in shame. I never want to harm him. That's whats so hard here, is that ultimately Anakin could pull his lightsaber on me and I wouldn't want to pull out mine. I held my hand that still stung from the impact, I can only imagine how his face must feel.

"I understand, I needed to get some sense into me. I just have felt so distant from you lately-"

"Just stop." I silenced him. I hated this moment. "Maybe we shouldn't work together again."

"No, (Y/N), that's not what I want-" he stepped towards me and touched me. I still felt that burning sensation every time he touched me. It's like just being around him lights up every inch of me. But something was changing, not just between us but all around us.

"I know it's not. But maybe it's what we need." I told him, I couldn't look at him.

"If that's what you want." He said. He removed his hands from me and I felt the light leaving my body. It felt like I couldn't breathe anymore as the coldness began taking over my body.

I'm carrying this mans child who doesn't think I can handle myself. It was unsettling I never thought I had to prove myself to him, but maybe I did. I thought being younger than him and getting knighted would impress him. I thought becoming a General was enough to prove that I am an excellent fighter. Why was it that now he thinks I am not a match to him? Why has been disenchanted by me now? I had to turn away from him as a tear fell down my face. We were both keeping secrets from each other, I could feel it. But this was not the place to say them. Not when we were angry with each other.

We were growing distant. We couldn't talk to each other for some reason. It was like someone, this war, was building a wall. If we weren't married maybe I would have lost him by now.

"I guess, I'll see you at home then.." He said after a few moments of silence. He kissed the back of my head and left to go to the main circle, "Take good care of yourself."

And then he was gone. And I sat there, my back towards the world. This world that even Anakin, the love of my life, has shunned me from. One day they will see how good I really am. When I have this child I don't want to be known as The Chosen One's forbidden mistress. I think that's what haunted me most. I wanted to be more than that. I knew I could be. He wasn't the only one that felt the need to protect.

"Master?" I heard sweet Caleb behind me, I took a deep breath to turn around.

"Yes?" I answered.

"What's the plan?" He asked, smacking his hands together in excitement. I had to smile at the young boy.

Think of him like our future child.

"We give these people their home back, Caleb."