17.

I got on that speeder and raced as quickly as I could to find him. He had about half an hour head start on me. I had to follow what I had of feeling, and stop to ask the Jawas for the direction he went.

Finally I found his speeder laid along a cliff. But he was no where in sight, I looked across the Tuscan Raider's village. For a moment I thought I was too late, but I couldn't be. I still felt him, he was alive. I could feel his pain. My heart longed to hold him, help him in any way I could.

Anakin, where are you?, I called out to him.

I got my response. A hiss of a lightsaber could be heard, it was farther away but I could hear the bloodcurdling screams of the Raiders. I began climbing down the cliff, in the dark of the night. Then I was trying to run towards wherever Anakin is so I could help him.

"Anakin!" I mistakenly cried out, a group of them turned and ran at me.

I unsheathed my lightsaber and fought with the 3 of them. One tried to jab me with a stick but I was able to block it and disarm him, only allowing his friend to get me on my side with his spear. I cried out then I did what I felt had to do, I cut the raider's arm off causing him to stumble away after his attack. Now I only fought with 2. I blocked their jabs, trying to tire them out, but to no avail. One decided to throw his spear at my head, I squatted to block him and then used the Force to throw him back into a nearby hut.

As my frustrations grew when the last one kicked me onto my back. He tried to stab me with his spear by jabbing downward at me. I rolled on the floor to avoid the threats, then grabbed my lightsaber that had been knocked away from me.

"(Y/N)!" Anakin yelled, running to my aid. But I didn't need him to do that. I managed to be reunited with my lightsaber and cut the mans leg deep enough to cause him to fall back away from me. Anakin stumbled back from his running, seeing as I didn't need the help. His face went straight from taken aback to serious, "Look out!" He yelled, I turned around to see the raider I had force thrown running up behind me. I cut the man across his chest, without even realizing how deep I had cut. I never wanted to kill him. I had never killed anything before.

I stumbled back from both the emotional trauma of killing a living thing, no matter how bad, and the wound bleeding in my side. Anakin caught me in his arms before I could fall all the way.

"I told you not to follow me." Anakin whispered in my ear.

"I've never exactly been one to sit idly by while you have all the fun." I smiled at him. "I'm okay, it's not too deep." I say, trying to cover the wound and put pressure on it. I stood up on my own.

"Stay here. I have unfinished business. Don't get yourself into any trouble." Anakin said.

"I'm good at that." I chuckled to myself and he ran away.

I heard another yell, and another, and another. Something was wrong. He was angry, this wasn't Anakin. Slowly I was able to stand up, getting used to the pain in my side, I was able to find where Anakin was. I stayed around a hut, he stood above a woman raider she was yelling and helpless. I couldn't let him hurt her. I could feel his anger.

"Anakin don't!" I yelled. I used all my strength to run up to him to grab his hands before he could stab her.

"(Y/N). Go away." Anakin said, his voice was low and menacing. It wasn't him. I held his hands in place,

"You cannot do this, she's innocent Anakin." I tried,

"None of them are innocent! They slowly tortured my mother over a months time! They hurt you! They are animals! I hate them!" Anakin yelled, his eyes never looked at me, they stayed glaring at the woman under him.

"Anakin, look at me... Look at me! I'm here, I'm still here." I grab his face and make him look me in the eyes. "Don't do this. It's not helping you, it's not helping anyone." I plead.

His hands drop, the lightsaber drops to his side. He was defeated. He hung his head towards me. I could feel how powerless he felt. I looked at the woman and motioned for her to leave. She ran away.

I grabbed his face and held him while he began to sob in my arms. We fell to our knees. I just held him. The only ones spared here were the women and children. All the men were either extremely injured or dead. Now they would stay away from us. I held him.

"I'm here.." I would whisper every now and then, "I'm sorry, Anakin, I'm so sorry." I rubbed his back and arms and ran my fingers in his hair.

"I was too late... I wasn't powerful enough to save her, (Y/N)." He said in between sobs, "One day, I'll be the most powerful Jedi ever, I will even learn to stop people from dying."

"I believe in you." I soothed him, he was so troubled. I could sense all the conflict in him. His anger and hurt overflowing his maturity.

"I promise you, (Y/N)." He looked up at me, I only nodded to this. I now understood why we weren't supposed to have attachments, it is to avoid situations like this. I can tell he doesn't really want to hurt any of them, but because of his anger and frustration with this sensation of loss it drove him to do these crazy things. Obviously that's a power he cannot learn, but for now I allow him to make up whatever.

"Lets go back to the Lars, before another clan comes to help this one." I suggest, tugging him up. He does, and I wipe his tears away. We begin to walk toward our speeders, but he stops,

"Wait, I need to grab something." He says, before he runs back into the village. At first I'm nervous he'll do the same thing as before, but I know he isn't stupid enough to do that.

He comes back with a tarp draped over a body, his mother, I presume. I say nothing as he joins me again. He hands me gauze for my wound. I hold onto his shoulder as I try to walk to our speeders.

Finally we get to the top of the cliff. There Anakin rewraps his mother, and I'm able to wrap my waist to save my wound. I'm able catch a glimpse of her face, bloody and bruised. Those monsters, I could understand his pain.

"She's beautiful." I told him. He said nothing and covered her face. Then we jumped back onto our speeders, his mother on his lap, and rode back to the Lars home.