53.

I walked across the base. I had just said goodbye to Obi-Wan, who needed to go back to Coruscant for his council duties. We've spent a week here now. Now we were only left with Ahsoka, Anakin, Gree, and I to train this band of rebels who, thankfully for them, grow in numbers daily.

Today we were to be training them in how to disarm destroyers. Anakin addressed the group first in his best teacher voice. I loved watching him.

"Destroyers are quick. They are equipped with twin front blasters, and their own shield generator. Nothing, short of a cannon, will pierce it. On first glance they seem like they'd be unstoppable." He said, "But they do have two weaknesses. And its your job as a team is to exploit those weaknesses." I wish I could take a picture of him. This is his element, doing the best he can to help the most people he can. He was becoming so mature in the order. I wouldn't be surprised if they made him a Master soon.

"Destroyers shields are made to deflect to high velocity attacks such as blasters." Gree demonstrated on the practice destroyer, I continue, "But slow or still objects get by just fine. They're made to absorb them so nothing can hinder their movement."

I demonstrated the rolling technique to get the disarming gadget passed their force fields.

"Destroyers are blind from behind. A good distraction in front combined with a rear assault will give you a kill." I told them, "The trick is to get the right speed on the droid disarmer."

  "These are unarmed." Gree turns on all 3 practice destroyers. "Just focus on getting the ball past the shield." He tosses the ball to Saw.

"Too easy." Saw says cockily, "Watch and learn." He says to Lux, as he almost carelessly rolls it to the shield, then the shield deflected it.

"It'll take a few tries to get the hang of it." I said.

"Pair up! We'll be practicing in groups." Gree announced.

I watched as Ahsoka went to join Lux's group. I was walking to Anakin when Saw came up to me.

"Hey, um, General? How about helping me practice?" Saw asked. I nodded and followed him to his group.

I was showing him how to roll the ball from his palm to his fingers gently when another ship made a drop. At first, I thought it was a bomb, I told everyone in my group to get behind me. Whatever it was landed in the trees about a mile or 2 away from base.

Anakin ran up to me.

"I'm going to see what it is." I told him.

"Are you kidding me? I'm not letting you do that. It could be dangerous." He whisper shouted at me.

"Then you better come with me." I said, "Because I don't care if you want me to go or not, I'm going."

"This is not the time to try and prove something to me." He said, it hurt. He thinks I do this to impress him?

"I don't have to 'prove' anything to you. Last time I checked we were the same rank. And this is not the time to fight with me if there was something dangerous dropped out there we don't know how long until it finds us. I suggest we find it first." I said, turning and running toward where it was dropped. I pointed to Saw to come with me and Anakin told Ahsoka, Lux, and Steela to protect the base.

"Stay focused, Ahsoka. Remember your objective." Anakin said, glancing at me running into the woods.

I was far ahead of them. I jumped from tree to tree above them. I could hear them talk. Anakin hated Saw, I could feel it. I thought in ways we were all similar in leadership. But Saw was spontaneous in planning, and unlike Anakin was when he did so. Anakin was smart in spontaneous planning. Saw was not.

In a way that was the same differences we had. Anakin was smart and was able to view things objectively unlike I was. Obi-Wan had taught him how to be cunning and how to negotiate. Because my training had been so rushed, I wasn't as good at that as he was. I knew I was more subjective. I knew it wasn't good. But I could fight. I could fight well. My war tactics were great. I didn't have to prove anything. Where he got the idea I had to prove anything to him was ridiculous. I felt my anger bubble inside of me.

I felt my mind and stomach at war with each other. Trying to claim the calm over the anger. I didn't feel the same. Something inside of me was changing, it didn't feel right as I began to skip over trees and land in different branches. I had to slow down. I had to stop in one of the trees, hold my stomach and breathe.

"So, you and the General?" I heard Saw say below me.

"What?" Anakin seemed surprised by the question.

"Are you guys like a Jedi couple or something?" He asked, "You seemed pretty protective of her is all."

"No... No, Jedi are forbidden attachment. Good friends." Anakin said.

"Forbidden of attachment? Oh right, apart of the whole code of honor and such." Saw nodded as I followed them branch to branch at their pace, "So you don't think she'd be into me, then?" He laughed.

"No!" Anakin burst, then coughed to regain his composure. "Sorry buddy, she's very attached to the Order."

"Darn. Not even a short term thing?" He said. Then I felt a nee presence. One I felt was familiar. So then I landed on the ground in front of them, using the force to soften my fall.

I held up a hand to silence them.

"Be quiet. Do you feel that?" I asked Anakin,

"Yes." Anakin said, walking to join me.

"You guys feel something? Is it dangerous?" Saw asked, readying his blaster and Anakin gripped his lightsaber, but I put my hand on his to loosen it.

"No." I whispered. I looked around us. It was familiar. Not threatening. Then I saw the small cloak jump into our small area.

"Identify yourself!" Saw demanded, using as much masculine force.

The young boy took his hood off. I recognized him from the garden at the Jedi Temple.

"Caleb. Caleb Dume." He smiled. Already he reminded me of myself. I liked this young boy a lot. But then I remembered our current situation.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Master Windu sent me. I'm here to let you know you need to contact the Jedi Council." He said.

"They sent a youngling here?" Anakin questioned, "Why aren't they able to get a signal through to us?"

"Not sure, but it seemed like all signals from this area were blocked. We thought it was a security measure." Caleb explained.

"Either that or-" I was cut off by the sound of distant fire.

"Or they found our base."