Prologue

"Mom? What's going on?" I whispered. Hot tears streamed down my face as I shook my mother's body violently. My hands were covered in blood as I held on to her hand, which was no longer attached to her body.

"Mom?" I asked even more desperately this time. "Please answer me!"

Her eyes were open, wide open. That meant she was awake right? Then why won't she answer me?

"W-We need to get to the hospital. They'll fix your hand," I whispered, my cloudy eyes dropping to the limb in my hand.

"I'll go get dad to help you up," I whispered. My eyes left the unmoving woman in front of me as they searched around the room and I found myself flinching at the sight.

Blood. All I could see was blood.

The knot in my stomach seemed to tighten even more when my eyes fell upon my dad's still figure. I silently made my way towards him, stopping at his side and setting my hand on his cheek. The light stubble of his beard pinched my hand. I found the feeling comforting in some way. It reminded me that no matter how unrecognizable he looked, he was still the dad I knew.

"Dad, mom's hurt." I whispered, wiping the scorching tears off my face, only to have new ones take their place.

"We need to get her to the hospital!" I shook him lightly. Just like mom, no answer.

"Dad please! Mom won't talk to me!" I cried harder. His eyes, just like hers, were wide open. I could see the stream of blood rolling down his mouth. I looked down at his body.

"Oh no. Where are your legs?" I looked around the room and spotted one, crawling my way over to it and returning to my previous spot.

"I got it. Now put it on so we can go to the hospital. I'll help you walk since I couldn't find the other one," I answered and held the leg to him. He remained motionless.

"Dad? Please!-"

"There's one more left?" a voice came from down the hall.

I froze. It was her, the bad woman who did this.

My eyes looked frantically around the room. "Dad! We need to hide, now!" I whispered as I dragged his body to the closet. I could hear the heavy steps coming closer as I ran towards mom and dragged her inside the closet as well. I managed to close the door with the three of us inside. Although it was tight, it was better than being outside with the bad woman.

I heard the footsteps stop and then the sound of a door opening. The creak was slow and filled the room with an eeire feeling. I held my breath and clamped a bloody hand against my lips.

My mind raced with ugly thoughts. A drop of cold sweat trailed down my back as I felt my heart crawling up my throat.

"I know you're in here. I can smell your sweet scent, my dear~" the bad woman said. I heard footsteps stop right in front of the closet.

My jaw clenched as I finally felt my lungs give out on me. My stomach seemed to like the idea bringing back the lunch I had eaten earlier.

Please! Just go away!

My body froze as the closet door swung open, breaking in half. The bad woman stood before me with a grin on her face. She grabbed my hand and yanked me away from my parents, her eyes traveling up and down my shaken, bloody figure.

"Ah, so sweet and innocent looking. You'll go well with my other toy," she chuckled as she wrapped a metal thing around my wrists.

Shackles?

"Come along now," she said and started walking, yanking me towards her.

"B-but?" I reached my hand out to mom and dad, their wide eyes seemed focused on nothing in particular.

"Darling, they're dead. And you will be too if you don't hurry up," she answered and pulled me out of the room. My eyes were as wide as saucers as I felt tears roll freely down my face.

They're... Dead?

~~~
Hello! This is my second Suzuya fic! I hope it's good! This was just a short preview. Please vote and comment! I'll post the first chapter once I get at least two votes or comments.

-Yolo