Chapter 34

××Yolo didn't check the spelling on this one. Brace yourselves.××

"No! You're doing it all wrong!" A voice resonated through my ears as I felt a hard blow against my throat, sending me to the floor in a coughing fit.

My head pounded against my skull as my body throbbed all over, barely having the strength to prop myself up on my hands and knees. The familiar feeling if desperation invaded every single cell in me as I held back a scream in pain.

I had all but just forgotten it, the feeling of being inferior to an opponent, the metallic taste of blood in my mouth and the heavy dizziness that numbed all of my senses. Feeling all those things again made the image of Rei burn aggressively against my mind and I realized I no longer knew which type of pain was worse; the physical or the emotional one.

My agressor growled in annoyance before barking out. "What are you doing? You shouldn't expose yourself like that!"

"Let me just catch my breath!" I wheezed, venom seething through my pores as I tried to control the intense shaking of my limbs. I managed to get on my hands and knees, but my efforts to hold myself up proved to be in vain at the actions of the male in front of me.

"You'd be dead by now, you know. An enemy won't ever give you time to recover." Ryuu called as I received a strong kick to the ribs, sending me flying across the room and colliding with the closest wall.

Every single bit of oxygen left my lungs as I screamed out, my vision blurring for a few seconds before adjusting on the boy in front of me.

"Get up."

I could barely feel my limbs as I commanded them to stand up, thankful that Ryuu stopped his attacks for a few seconds. Able to catch a few deep breaths, I finally adjusted my blurry vision on a pair of bright lilac eyes.

"You can do better than that." He sternly called out. My throat went dry at his words, eyes clenching shut as the memories seeped into my brain.

"You could've done better. So much better than that," Mama shook her head as she towered above me, my figure slowly shrinking under her glare.

My breathing was erratic as I tried to regain it, my head spinning and vision no longer straight. I clutched my wounded shoulder, blood dripping from between my fingers and gathering in a pool on the floor. My heart was beating so fast it hurt every time it crashed against my chest. I took a shaky breath before opening my mouth.

"Just shut up." I whispered, my jaw clenched so hard I felt like my bones would snap. 

"What?" Ryuu finally looked up to me with a smirk. "Struck a nerve?"

"How about I strike your heart?" I growled as I lunged at him, the intense desire to have his blood on my hands overwhelming my every thought.

"Nope." He replied as he shifted his weight at the last second, driving his elbow against my side before I could even react. I had to swerve to the right to keep my balance, but just as I regained it I saw his fist flying straight at my face. Bringing my arms in front of me, I let my limbs take the blow.

"Stop blocking. You've barely landed any punches on me and I already have you bleeding. I didn't think you were that weak." Ryuu sang teasingly as I gritted my teeth, swinging a kick to his stomach which he barely had time to dodge.

"You can't block and dodge all the time, or else you'll be covered in bruises way too fast." Ryuu finally said as he skidded a few inches from the force of my kick.

"I'm trying not too, but you're too fast!" I growled.

"Then think five steps ahead of me. C'mon, you should've learned my attack pattern by now." He rolled his bright lilac eyes, finally ceasing movement. I couldn't help but feel a wave of relief washing over me as I let my lower body drop to the floor, taking a much needed break.