Chapter 62

TRIVIA: Out of the elites, which am I most attached to?

Answer: Jiro!

Jiro is hands down my golden boy. I've mentioned it a lot of times already through tiny hints XD He's my child, and I'm very proud of who he is. You guys will be too ;)

Also, JESUS CHRIST! MIC DROP REMIX HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE. YOLO NEEDS HELP!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drops of water gently ticked against the grimy tiles of the wash room, their haunting rhythm being the only thing heard besides Ryuu's erratic breathing. His clothes had been thrown to an indefinite side of the room, most likely waiting to rot because I was sure he'd never use them again.

His frame was pressed against the wall, knees to his chest as his head rested on top of them. I stood in silence, watching how the drops of water trailed down his skin as they washed the blood away.

Tears no longer streamed from his bloodshot eyes. Instead he carried an empty look, so distant I began to question if he was even there. For the first time his eyes lacked that mischievous spark, that light only he could portray.

The raspy sound of his voice burned my eardrums as I stood up a little straighter.

"I'm not broken, Emi. You don't need to look at me like that."

A soft type of venom danced around his words, nowhere near the sharp poison they usually displayed. It was as hard to hear as it was to see.

"Ryuu, I-"

"Just shut up."

My lips immediately closed, a cold shiver running down my back at his words. I could do nothing but stare at my bare feet as my fingers played behind my back.

"I said shut up!" He growled once more, slamming a tight fist against the concrete next to him. My limbs acted on their own and I was immediately kneeling in front of him, his bloody fist clutched tightly in my hand as I forced his chin up.

"Ryuu, listen to me. It's Emi." I whispered, searching in his gaze for a sign of him recognizing me. His feral appearance did not change, a troubled look was still present on his features as he mumbled incoherent phrases.

"Look at me." I snapped my fingers right in front of his face, making him flinch back as a surprised gasp caught in his throat.

My hands immediately flew to pin him down as his chest jumped, a disoriented look overcoming his features. He looked around, blinking fiercely as he fought against my grip but I stood my ground.

"It's me Ryuu. You need to calm down, alright?" I called out.

His struggling gradually decreased, leaving only confusion in its wake as his arms slowly went limp against my grip.

"That's it. Just calm down." I whispered, letting him go after the boy had taken a few deep breaths. My hand slowly came up to brush his purple locks out of his eyes as I forced him to look at me.

"Listen, I know this is hard for you but it's bad to keep things bottled up." I whispered, gently tracing my thumb beneath the moist area of his eyes.

"I need you to talk to me, alright?"

He gave me an exhausted look, drastically contrasting to his usual demeanor before sighing in defeat. Through the natural light I could clearly see his jaw set in a tight hold.

"Let's talk things out. I promise you'll feel better when you're done." I reassured him, to which he shot me wary look.

"How is talking supposed to make me feel better?"