Chapter 53

TRIVIA: One of the elites didn't get along with Jiro upon meeting him. Who was it?

Answer: B. Shin

As you all know from Emi's experience, Shin sucks at giving good first impressions. The fact that Shin and Jiro's personalities are polar opposites (Shin being a calm, quiet person and Jiro being an impulsive, overly cheerful one) made them clash a lot when they first met.

Also, before Jiro was made an elite, Shin was the only other one with the title, so logically Shin felt as if Madam A was saying he wasn't good enough and he resented Jiro for it. But as the time passed they started tolerating each other more and more until becoming best friends.

HAHAHAH! Nobody got it right! XD

*ahem* on to the chapter.

~~~~~~''''~~~~~~

"Fucking idiots." Jiro grumbled for what seemed like the hundredth time, which in truth had only been his fifth.

His fingers circled around the end of his shirt as he brought it up to wipe the sweat off his face, for a split second revealing his nicely toned abdomen glistening with moisture. A tired sigh left his lips as he stepped on countless bodies in an attempt to reach his computer.

"For fuck's sake. Just stay down already." He growled at a guard who was raising a shaky hand in his direction, roundhouse kicking him right in the face before knocking his brains out with a bullet.

Finally making sure that all the bodies were indeed void of life, he finished his way toward the computer that was hidden under his backpack. An exasperated sigh left his lips as he looked at the blank screen.

The mansion's virus had kicked in, meaning he had to start over from scratch.

"Great. Just fucking great."

~~
"Aren't you supposed to be trying to kill me?" Shinya's calm, gentle voice rang through the room, a curious gaze directed at Emi who sat right in front of him, her cheeks stuffed with his special toast.

"Shouldn't I be asking the same thing?" She mumbled through the food in her mouth.

"Hmm... Why would I want to kill you?"

The girl furrowed her eyebrows at the question. "I'm invading your house and I'm going to kill your family."

"That so?" Shinya sighed. "Well, by all means try. I can't guarrantee your safety once you step through that door, however." He pointed at the entrance where Emi walked in.

She raised her eyebrows at his response. "I can protect myself, thank you very much."

The man's blue eyes gleamed, an excited look shining through them as he inclined his body toward her. "You're like that blond? Do you have some sort of insane skill too?"

"No, I'm not a weapon specialist like Jiro. Although I admit to being fairly good in close range combat." Emi smiled proudly.

"Really? Want to spar with me?"

"I don't know..." Emi mumbled. "My team said ghouls were dangerous. I can't die just yet, Shinya. I have someone waiting for me."

Emi's heart suddenly felt heavier in her chest as she dropped the piece of toast on the plate in front of her. Rei's ghost would pop out in her memories every single day, and as much as she loved his image she hated when that happened. It only reminded her that he could very well be dying and she could do nothing about it.

"Why are you here if you don't intend to fight?" The silver haired one asked.

"I do, but I don't think it'll be you who I'm going to face off against."