Chapter 67

Hey guys! So a couple of days ago I posted another monologue, and some of you guessed right! It was Jiro.

To be honest, I haven't deleted that part out of respect for him XD Every time I read it I cringe so hard. His way of putting sentences together is...a bit messy, for lack of a better word. I would've phrased the whole thing so differently.

His style is just a little loose, without thinking much and just putting things as they pop into his mind. It's weird, to say the least.

Let's use hunger as an example. Jiro just tends to say things like 'I was so damn hungry' while Shin would've said something along the lines of 'my stomach was void of food' or Ryuu saying 'the walls of my stomach were closing in on me'  and Emi saying 'my stomach begged desperately for food'

Despite being the most emotionally developed, his speech is rather simple. The rest of the elites' way of speaking is much more descriptive than his. Shin is right in the middle, having a simplified yet detailed way of speaking. Big words with fairly short sentences. Ryuu tends to play around with his words so his sentences are usually longer than the rest. His phrasing is also a little strange, but much more comfortable for me than Jiro's. And finally Emi's is my favorite, and I'd go as far as saying she and I have the same voice.

Anyway, on to the reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A deafening silence danced across the cob-webbed walls of the dormitory, heavy sound waves of nothingness ringing through every object inside the room, seemingly amplifying it.

There was a soft creak, a wordless protest from a matress as a heavy weight shifted on top of it. Sounds of seams being gently ripped from their place. Cautious breathing expanding through the room as the tension rose.

Then, like a beautiful ballad of sound, dance and color, a clear voice finally broke through the silence. The shattering of it was loud enough to be percieved as glass shards exploding into a million tiny pieces.

"I don't want to go."

It was Jiro who first spoke, saying what had been eating away at his mind for the last minutes. He took a deep breath, attempting to gather words to explain himself.

"Something seems wrong."

It was not based on a fact, that much was obvious to the rest of the elites who listened intently, but on a gut feeling running through the blond. And with the mind of a sniper, a body trained to listen to gut feeling more than anything else, nobody dared to question him.

"Not a mission? Just have fun and enjoy the experience?" This time it was Shin who spoke up, recalling Madam A's words and attempting to calm his racing mind as he stared at the disleveled splotches that dressed the ceiling, humidity making its presence known once again.

"What kind monsters does she take us for?"

And silence once again reigned. Each elite battling their own demons, each fighting a different feeling eating at their hearts. Now more than ever it had become painfully clear who they really were. There was no doubt about it, and the little string of hope they had been clinging on to all this time had finally snapped.

They were the bad guys. The ones who spilled blood. The ones who destroyed families. The ones who ripped apart bonds with their very hands and fed off merciless suffering.

And now they had been given the hardest mission of all. They had to kill, just for fun.

Even Ryuu was unable to utter a single word, wracking his brain in an attempt to find a point that justified the order they had been given. But not even he, a person who had never shown any problem with stealing lives, could come up with a reasonable one.

Emi hadn't made a single movement to make her presence noticed. She had been sitting on the floor right next to Shin's bed. Only minutes until lights out, she thought as she silently pleaded for the first time in her life for it to come quicker. She couldn't bare looking at the soulless expressions the rest of the elites carried. The way Jiro rubbed at his eyes in desperation, how Shin nibbled at his lower lip trying to contain his surging anger, and Ryuu looking between the two as if a bomb would drop right in the middle of them at any second.

Emi couldn't help looking away. The weight on her shoulders was crushing her, sucking the very existence out of her body. She felt guilty.

Guilty because the elites were ordered something which they simply couldn't do. Guilty because, no matter how hard she tried to push it away, something, the darkest part of her, was eager and excited to go back.

Old memories seeped into her mind. The restaurant. Just the thought of it burned at her body like a wildfire, but she had long become immune to the sting. Only two things were deadly apparent to her.

Here she was, looking at three boys who were quietly suffering, feeling like feral beasts without a single regard for humanity, when in truth, the only monster in the room was her.

And second.

"He'll be there." She whispered, barely loud enough to reach the others. But it did, and she regretted it a split second later.

The tension became thicker, curling around the boys' necks, squeezing the very air out of their lungs.

The screams of Shin's muscles were audible, Ryuu had blood trickling down his hands where his nails had pierced the skin inside his tightly closed fists, she could've sworn she heard a shaky sniffle come from Jiro's nose.

Why did she always seem to hurt the people she loved?

But even she couldn't lie to herself, and the elites knew it too.

It would always be him.

Rei was her beginning, he was her story, he was her end. Even after all those years his name was still burned into her throat, engraved inside her lungs. He had been her oxygen. The air that had been mercilessly taken away from her.

Tomorrow, however, she would see him. She would be able to breathe again. And she couldn't wait.

But something inside her felt that even though one piece was slowly fitting back together, three were being ripped out, and it was something she couldn't bare.

Would Emi be forced to say goodbye?

Jiro rose his gaze to the ceiling, taking a deep breath as he blinked quickly a couple of times. Then, as if the force moving him was not himself but a mechanic version of him, he offered the rest of the elites a soft, almost sour smile.

His voice was strained, tired and bitter as it came out, but it had carried every single bit of strength the rest of the elites hadn't been able to gather.

"It's about time we met the fucker, huh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't even written the next part and I can already sense the feels :") help me.

I'm not ready for this to end, oml.

The previous trivia was: Who would cry during 'the notebook'

Answer: Jiro. He's a fluffball. 

It would definitely tug at Shin's heartstrings, but he wouldn't consider a movie being worth crying over. Its not as if someone spilled his vanilla ice cream or something XD

Ryuu wouldn't understand shit about what's going on. He'll probably get distracted thirty minutes into the movie and start playing with one of the elite's hair.

~~~~~~~~~

TRIVIA: Speaking as of right now without looking into the future, who dislikes Rei the most?

A. Ryuu
B. Jiro
C. Shin