Chapter 1

"Where am I?" I whispered, trying to peek through my blindfold.

I was currently walking, more like being dragged, down a narrow hallway. The bad woman yanked at the shackles wrapped around my small wrists as I tripped upon my own feet.

"This is your new home."

"Why? I liked my old one." I said.

Suddenly I crashed into something making me fall to the floor.

"Ouch," I rubbed head, making the metal chain accidentally smack my face.

"Listen girl. You only speak when I tell you to, got it?" she growled, her hot breath fanning my nose.

I nodded quickly, feeling goose bumps spread through my body. Seconds later I felt myself being pulled forward. My shaky steps were the only thing heard in the quiet place we were walking through.

My ears picked up the sound of a gate opening before being pushed forward. The blindfold fell to the floor as my eyes slowly adjusted to the poor lighting.

"This is where you'll be staying. Tomorow I've got a big surprise for you," the woman smiled, her golden braces shining. I nodded slowly as she undid the shackles, turned around and started walking away.

Only then did I feel a strong wave of fear wash over me. Where was I? Who was this woman? Where's mom and dad?

"Oh yeah, I've got a job for you," she said without turning around. I waited for her to continue, my fingers nervously intertwining.

"I need you to get some of your adorableness to rub off on the other one," she said and left without another word.

Other one?

I finally allowed myself to look at my surroundings. I was inside a small, dark cell. The bars were rusted and the floor was dirty. I could practically smell the dust in the air.

I walked to the gate and shook the bars with as much force as I could, but I couldn't get them to open.

I knew I was going to be okay though. Soon my father and mother will come get me and take me away from the bad woman.

My body froze when I heard footsteps coming my way.

She's coming back?!

"Who're you?" I heard a soft voice say. Following the sound, my eyes landed on a figure emerging from the shadows of the cell in front of me. Blood red eyes stared into mine and I felt a hundred times smaller than I actually was.

"S-She said not to speak unless she said so," I whispered.

"Who are you?" He repeated.

I looked from side to side before hesitantly opening my mouth.

"My name's Emi. What's yours?"

"Rei. But sometimes Mama calls me Suzuya." he answered.

"Nice to meet you, Rei." I smiled, he returned it.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I'm almost seven," I replied proudly.

"You're so little!" he laughed.

"How old are you?"

"I'm eight and a half," he said matter-of-factly.

"That's not very big," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes it is! You wouldn't understand because you're just six!"

"Almost seven!" I whined and he laughed.