Chapter 80

Boi u better get ready for this.

~~~~

"Isn't Shin supposed to be back by now?" An irritated voice groaned through the nearly empty training room, Ryuu's head leaning back as he let an exasperated sigh leave his lips.

"He was supposed to scrap after Rei. If Rei hasn't come back, neither will he." Emi answered for the millionth time in what seemed like five minutes, the urge to strangle the boy increasing as each second passed.

"But I need to annoy someone, and Jiro is ignoring me now so I can't annoy him." Ryuu groaned, throwing his limbs out from his position on the floor.

Jiro was, just as Ryuu described, ignoring the world around him, only concentrating on the little box in front that had a variety of tools on display. He'd gone silent a while back, drifting inside his own thoughts as he worked on creating something, his hands glided over the numerous tools with the fluidity that could only be catalogued to an expert in the field of weapon craftsmanship. The blonde was in his zone, and the other two elites cherished their lives too much to risk being stabbed in the neck by one of those strange tools, so they kept to their own and let Jiro work his magic.

Ryuu was a groaning mess starfished right at the center of the room, taking as much space as his thin limbs would allow. As typical of him, he kept blabbering about every little thing that crossed his mind in an attempt to shake the boredom crawling up his skin. Emi was sitting just a few feet away from him, her fingers running across the tiny trinity reaper that was wrapped around her wrist, debating whether it was a good idea to put it to good use and shut Ryuu up once and for all.

"Well you're doing a pretty good job at annoying me." She mumbled.

"I can feel the love-" Ryuu was about to bite back in a sarcastic way, however, the sentence was stopped in its tracks by a loud crash, and the elites jumped to their feet just in time to see the training room door in pieces by the forceful collision against the concrete behind it.

"Which one of you did it?!"

A foreign voice growled with the rage of a gladiator. Under the door frame stood a male, his muscles clenched as his ghoul-like eyes shook like those of an animal. His breathing was raspy in short, labored puffs, and the way he ripped the door out of its frame let the others know he wasn't playing around.

"Who did it?!" The emphasis was more on blearing out the desperate question, not on hearing the answer. The man stepped into the room, his fingers balled as he zoned in on the elites.

Jiro was the first to take action, the little tool box long forgotten as his hand hovered over his waist where one of his guns was hidden from sight, ready to blow whichever person's head was in its way.

"Excuse me, sir." He cautiously spoke. "What did we do, exactly?"

His hazel gaze ran over the man, making a mental run through of the possible threats the unknown male could pose. He was a ghoul, his eyes gave it away, and ghouls were too prideful to rely on a weapon other than their kagune. In case of an attack, they would be safe considering the distance they had from the agressor, granted his kagune hadn't the ability to throw projectiles.

The risk was blatantly obvious to Jiro, making him desist on his urge to move to a position where the other elites weren't compromised. He knew any move could trigger the man's attack. Jiro could do nothing, yet his guard was higher than ever, and the fact that the ghoul had turned to him upon hearing his voice brought a slight ease to his nerves.

His gaze flickered to Ryuu, mentally questioning if the ghoul's outburst was his fault, but the lilac haired boy seemed just as lost he was. Emi hadn't left his sight ever since they arrived at the restaurant.