Chapter 85

Previous trivia: In an AU, who would most likely play soccer?

Answer: Ryuu

Our, dead, little bean is extremely fast and relatively short. His low center of gravity would allow him to easily slip past any opponent while maintaining control of the ball. Ryuu is amazing :")

----------

Recap:

Gathering every last bit of anything Ryuu had left, he sped his way towards the door, yanking it open only to reveal two worried gazes that immediately fell on him.

On his blood-drenched body. On his tear-stained cheeks. On his bloodshot eyes. On the pathetic, desperate look that clung to his wild features.

Without a single word he slammed his knee into Jiro's stomach, creating a momentary slip in his guard in order to knock the handgun out of his grip and disorient him long enough to slam the door between them once again.

Using his only remaining needle, he wrenched it across the lock, making sure to jam the knob. Only then did an exhausted sigh escape his lips, and the smile that graced his features as his eyes slid shut was the purest image of relief and accomplishment the world had ever known.

The sound of madness running up the stairs was deafening, and once his eyes opened he was met with a horrified golden gaze staring at him through the small glass opening.

Jiro's mouth moved, although Ryuu couldn't quite hear it over the ringing of his ears. He thought he felt fists slamming desperately against the door, or maybe it was his heart against his ribcage.

Jiro was screaming his name, Ryuu could read it on the horrified expression of his face. The lilac haired boy's lips eased into a smile once again, mouthing words he was sure his friend would understand.

Take care, Barbie. Get her out.

And he turned around, only for the waterfall to rain all over his cheeks once again, curling his fingers in a peace sign before heading toward the stairs. His hands circled around the handgun, the foreign object feeling uncomfortable in his grip.

Only Jiro had the power to look like an angel while delivering the bullet of death, Ryuu could only hope to buy enough time.

~~~

"Jiro! Jiro, what's wrong?!" Emi's voice sounded distant, mythical even, as the blond desperately tried to break the door that separated him from the one he considered his younger brother, the one who had said his bitter goodbyes with not as much as a millisecond of hesitation.

"Jiro!"

But to no avail. Driven by the last instances of Ryuu's smile flashing across his memory, Jiro attempted to force the impenetrable door open. He couldn't let him. Ryuu couldn't go out, not like this.

"Jiro, please stop and tell me what's wrong!"

The familiar whisper of his handgun reached his ears. Jiro already knew the sigh of his silencer by heart, and his heart rammed against his chest as it reached his ears on loop.

"R-Ryuu, he's..."

Take care, Blondie. Get her out.

"Fuck!" Jiro slammed his fist against the door, only managing to make a dent in the strong steel before turning and grabbing Emi's hand.

The girl slipped into a momentary shock as Jiro wrenched her toward the next door, getting them both inside before locking the door behind him.