Chapter 8

"Now let's see what we can do..." Mama said as she pushed me inside the cell. I stumbled back but managed to catch my balance before I could crash to the floor.

"Since you say I'm bad, let me show you how bad I can really be" she smirked.

She remained silent for a while, walking back and forth in the small cell. I glanced quickly at Rei's cell. He was clutching the bars softly, his gaze on the floor.

"Aha!" Mama exclaimed and walked over towards me. "It's been a while since I did this" she said and exited the cell. I stood still, too scared to move. The only thing that was heard was my heavy breathing as I thought of what was going to come.

Minutes later she came back holding a black bag. I shuddered but remained in my place.

My eyes followed her as she hummed a tune, her hand shuffling inside the bag until she grabbed what she wanted. She gasped in delight as she let the bag drop to the floor, revealing a whip, rope, and some sort of small belt with a ball in the middle.

She walked painfully slow towards me and I instinctively took a shaky step back.

"I-I'm sorry Mama" I whispered, my voice quivered and she just laughed. One of her hands shot for my head, grabbing a fistful of my hair. I squeaked at the pain and let myself be dragged forward towards the bars of the cell. Immediately after she let go I brought my hands to my head, but she slapped them away.

"I want you to pass your hands through the bars" she commanded. I slid my hands in between them, leaving a bar in the middle. She slid her hands out also and started tying my hands with the rope. Once my hands were tied in front of me, Mama took the belt and made me bite the ball, strapping the belt behind my head.

"I just bought that gag, so I don't want you ruining it, alright?" she growled and I nodded quickly, unable to speak thanks to the ball in my mouth. She then disappeared to the back of the cell.

With scared eyes I looked across from me, seeing the silhouette of Rei. I tried meeting his gaze, but his stare remained on the floor.

It was when I felt a sharp sting-like pain on my back that I gasped, almost choking on my own saliva. My back burned on the spot where Mama had hit, and I instantly knew that this was going to be hell for me.

I looked back just in time to see the whip coming down at full speed, striking me on my shoulder. I felt my breath being knocked out of my body as I stumbled forward, my head hitting the bars in front of me.

The gag prevented me from screaming out, all I said sounded muffled, along with the sound of the whip striking my skin again and again. I struggled against the ropes desperately. My muscles started spazzing and my knees buckled. I fell on my knees, but that didn't stop Mama.

I felt tears streaming down my face and some sort of liquid running down my back. It was extremely hard to breathe now. Every time she whipped me, my eyesight went black and I gasped, only managing to choke again on my saliva. My eyes desperately searched for Rei's, hoping they would provide some sort of comfort, but he never raised his head.

Every time she hit me, my body would crash against the bars in front of me. All I heard was her chuckling from behind me, and the sound of the whip colliding against me again and again.

Then, suddenly she stopped. My body was shaking and covered in sweat, and I knew my back was covered in blood. My breathing was ragged and I desperately seeked air.

She removed the gag from my mouth and I gasped for the air I desperately needed.

"There, that's better. I like it when you sing for me" she chuckled.

Between my coughs and wheezing I barely noticed her grabbing the whip again. Only this time, my piercing scream resonated through the small cell.

Rei's head snapped up, his wide eyes finally landing on mine.

A new set of tears flushed my eyes and a feeling of happiness waved inside me.

Even when she kept whipping me, even when all I could hear was my screaming, even when the pain going through my body increased, I felt happy.

I didn't know why, but as I saw a single tear slip from Rei's eyes, I felt like I could actually make it out alive. It was because even though we were separated by bars, he was still here with me. And now I felt happy, because for once, Rei doesn't have to suffer on his own. Because I'm here to suffer with him, for him.

That night I screamed until my throat was bleeding. I never took my eyes off Rei, even when he returned his gaze to the floor.

I clung to his image, because he was the one keeping me awake. Each time the whip striked my back, each time I ended spitting out my own blood, each time my head rammed against the bars, I would smile at him.

Even though it was barely visible. Even though he wasn't even looking at me. Even though I was screaming and crying. I smiled, because it was the only thing I could do to let him know I was here with him.

~~~~
I think this is the shortest chapter I've written. I'm so sorry I took 4ever to update! I've been busy with writers block and trying to update my other stories.

Goal: four votes and four comments! You can do it!! :D

-Yolo