Chapter 31

"You ready?" My gaze met with Jiro's wide grin as he looked down at me.

We stood in front of a foreign door at the end of the hallway, minutes after Jiro had pulled me out of the bedroom while saying he wanted to show me something. The smile he wore got me curious and so I agreed, following him to where we stood now.

I shot him a cautious stare before nodding, making his eyes light up.

"Alright." he clapped his hands, stretching one out before grabbing the doorknob and wrapping his fingers around it, slowly twisting it as he wiggled his eyebrows at me. The door unhurriedly slid open with a low creak, leaving me to stare at the dark entrance in front of me.

"Uh..." I began, about to tell Jiro I didn't want to go inside but it was too late. Immediately I felt him push me inside the room, walking in right behind me.

I gulped loudly as my body tensed, my eyes sliding shut as I took a deep breath. "Jiro? The dark, remember?" I reminded, nervousness clear in my voice as I unconsciously dug my nails into my thigh.

"Shit, right!" Came his voice from somewhere behind me. "Let me find the light switch." He quickly added before I heard some shuffling in the room, followed by a loud crash and some cursing from the blond.

"Jiro?" I sang anxiously, noticing my heart beat steadily increasing.

"I'm on it, give me a sec- fuck!" I heard him growl as another thing fell to the ground. My foot tapped against the floor to keep myself distracted, the noises Jiro made only fueled my fear even more as I felt like a looming darkness hovered over me. My eyes squeezed even tighter as I started humming to myself, trying to block the noise out.

"Found it!" Jiro triumphantly stated as the whole room illuminated with a dim orange light. My eyes quickly scavenged for him, a relieved sigh escaping my lips when I found him pressed against the wall, a nervous smile on his face as he looked at me. "Sorry for the mess..."

The walls, just like the room where I fought with Ryuu, were lined with a seemingly endless array of weapons, only they consisted mostly of guns. Guns of all colors; black, white, orange, green, blue, different patterns and combinations of colors that made my jaw drop.

On the floor, out of a box that Jiro probably knocked over, was a sea of knives with different shapes, blades and sizes. The room itself was full to the ceiling with boxes, big and small, some even transparent letting me see their contents.

There were long tables full of weapons I didn't even recognize. Some sticking onto guns, others lying solely by themselves.

"Whoa," I whispered. "What is this place?"

"This, my precious Emi, is the man cave." Jiro smiled while extending his arms towards the room. "Pretty cool, huh?"

Right next to me was a box full of the same needles Ryuu had used to win against me. I rolled my eyes, resisting the urge to knock it over.

"What is this for?" I asked, signaling to the room in general.

"It's our weapon room. Remember the room where you fought with Ryuu? The weapons came from here. I switch them out once in a while to sharpen, reload and clean them." He replied before shooting me a cocky grin. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm incharge of the weapons."

I slowly reached my hand out for a knife on the floor, my eyes excitedly skimming through it as I felt my fingers gripping tightly to the handle.

"So, what do you thi-" Jiro was cut short when my knife whistled past him, ingraining itself on the wall right behind his head.