Chapter 21

Guys I'm so sorry! I 'posted' this chapter on Friday because I had promised a reader, but I just checked today and turns out it wasn't posted! I'm very sorry to have kept you guys waiting! Blame my internet. It sucks.

---------

"You little brat!" Madam A screamed at the top of her lungs as her hand crashed down against the oak desk in front of her. The dark brown surface cracked, but not enough to make me scared.

Mama would've split that thing in half with just one swing. Seeing Madam A mad was nothing compared to Mama.

Immediately after my fight, Madam A had ordered me to follow her. We ended up in a poorly lit room, the walls still held the grayish color of cement along with the floor. There was only one chair in the middle of the room, which I took once we entered.

"You completely ruined my fresh batch!" she growled as she glared straight at me. I shifted in my seat.

"You should've been more specific with your instructions," I said in a low voice, my gaze fixed on her.

"Listen to me," she stomped over to where I was, grabbing a fistful of my hair and pulling me up so I was dangling in the air. I grimaced at the slight pain, but it definitely wasn't unbearable. "I own you," she said in a slow, dark voice. "I will not tolerate this kind of disrespect."

I waited patiently for her to put me down, and when she did I retook my place in the uncomfortable chair I previously sat in.

"When you steal a child from the place she grew up in, it's common knowledge that you have to fill her in on the rules of this new place. Otherwise, accidents like that would happen. This is not my fault, it's yours," I shrugged.

It was true. When I first arrived at Mama's, I messed up so many times. I had to go through countless 'surprises' in order for me to understand and adjust to her rules.

"Don't forget who's in charge here," Madam A seethed.

"Of course not," I smirked.

I was hoping to taunt her to the point where she'd fight me. I was positive I could take her on, no sweat.

"You know what? Since you're so keen on defying me, I think I'll have you pay for what you did after all," she said, turning back to her desk and sitting on the cracked surface.

"What? You're gonna have me fight another batch?" I rolled my eyes.

"No," she smirked, leaning forward slightly. "I'm going to have you spar with one of my favorite boys."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Right now?"

"No, not right now sweetie. You need to rest if you don't want to wind up dead," she cooed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll find out soon enough," she waved her hand in dismissal.

Our gazes locked in a competition. Glare against glare, both fighting for dominance.

"Have you talked to Mama?" I asked, still keeping my defying look.

"Why do you ask?"

"I want to know about Rei," I whispered, and even Madam A noticed my drop in confidence.

"I have," she smiled. My eyes widened in surprise.

"Is Rei okay?" I asked.

"You're dismissed."

"What?"

"I said, you're dismissed. Now get out," she smirked. I bit my lip and clenched my fists.