Chapter 26

Third Person POV

"Shin! Open the door! I'm not playing games!" A screaming Emi called from behind the metal door that had just closed. The boy in question stood at the other end as the strong slams coming from the other side rang through his ears. The girl must've been punching the door.

A sigh escaped Shin's lips as he scratched the back of his head in annoyance. Taking one last glance at the door, he finally rolled his eyes and turned on his heel.

"How troublesome." He whispered as he walked back to the bedroom, his footsteps being the only thing heard through the dimly lit corridor. The distinct smell of humidity reached his nostrils and he breathed it in, already used to the scent.

Throwing the bedroom door open, he walked straight to his own mattress in long strides and plopped down on it, his gaze traveling to the dusty ceiling.

As usual, he was not alone. The purple haired boy stood by the edge of Emi's bed, his shocking lilac gaze locked with it as his teeth were lightly clenched. He seemed to be staring at the old stains of blood scattered around the mattress, all clearly belonging to the girl.

"Don't you think it's funny? It's her blood, but we weren't the ones to spill it." He whispered to himself. Seconds later a round of laughter bubbled up from is mouth, the kind that made goosebumps rise on your skin, that made your heart skip a beat and easily sent shivers down your spine.

"You're definitely right. We'll get our turn soon." His sickly sweet voice finished, eyes holding their signature insane glint.

The other male, the cheerful blond, was at the other corner of the room absentmindedly picking at the seams of his mattress like he usually did. If you looked closely you were to notice his bottom lip trapped between his teeth, a tic he carried since childhood. That, and the habit of playing with his tongue, moving it inside his mouth and against his teeth.

He was the only one who seemed to notice Shin's arrival and greeted him with a nod.

Shin remained staring at the ceiling as he started counting the yellow splotches caused by humidity. It was an action he did regularly, and he already knew with precision how many splotches lined the ceiling, but something urged him to count them every day, it was some sort of an escape for him. A way of keeping his mind busy.

Seconds later a familiar voice invaded his ears and a blonde head of hair hovered above his face.

"Where's Emi?"

Shin blinked a few times before pushing Jiro away. "Training."

"Started so soon? You should have waited until tomorrow." Jiro scolded before asking. "So what kind of training?"

"The labyrinth."

The smile Jiro always seemed to carry disappeared completely, a look of worry replacing it.

"You're kidding, right?"

It took one shake of Shin's head to send Jiro to his feet.

"Dude, you sent her to the labyrinth? All by herself?" Jiro raised his voice a bit more than intended. Shin just shrugged.

"This isn't good. You're a massive dumbass, you know that?" Jiro groaned as he turned around. "Ryuu, get ready. We're going inside the labyrinth."

The youngest boy's head whipped towards them, a lost look in his eyes.

"Huh? Why?" Came Ryuu's soft, rich voice.

"We need to find Emi. Get up Shin." Jiro attempted to shove the relaxed boy from the bed.