Chapter 6

"Rei.." I whispered as I shook his unmoving body. My throat stung and my voice was hoarse.

I had woken up a few minutes ago, disoriented and woozy, trying to remember the events from last night. I had a hard time doing so, but when my bloodshot eyes landed on the boy next to me, everything fell into place.

"Rei, wake up," I whispered a little louder this time.

His skin was sticky, dry blood stained his body everywhere. My body looked the same. I never thought I would take a shower willingly, mom and dad used to scold me a lot for that, but right now I needed it so bad. The smell of blood stung my nostrils and I tried to breathe through my mouth, only making it worse.

My eyes widened when they fell on my body. Still naked, I was able to notice the deep cuts on my stomach from the night before. I looked down at my leg, it was now swollen and purple. My body looked disgusting, but at least I could see my skin. Rei however, was a completely different story. His entire body was covered in blood, except his face, which was pale as snow.

I placed my hand on Rei's chest and sighed in relief. His heart was still beating. My eyes trailed from his pale face to his nasty wounds and I flinched. His shirt had been ripped open, leaving him in only his pants. Every single wound was visible, or at least that's what I thought.

I spotted my dress in the far corner of the cell.

"When Rei wakes up, he'll see me like this..." I whispered looking down at my naked body.

I started crawling my way towards the dress, trying to minimize the pressure on my bad leg that was now swollen. Once I had it in my hand I put it on, keeping the tear at the back so the front was completely covered.

I made my way towards Rei again. His body was still unmoving. I sighed and slipped my small arms around him, holding his cold body against mine.

He looked like a feather. Pale, weak, fragil....

He looked so...broken.

I felt tears prick the back of my eyes and I closed them. Everything was too overwhelming; from the unawaking boy in front of me, to the slow, agonizing aches going through my leg and stomach.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry," I whispered, my chest falling and rising in gasps as the tears I had been trying to hold slowly slipped from my eyes.

"This is all my fault. I should've never let her do this to you," I cried and squeezed him tighter.

"It's all my fault!.... All my f-fault!" I kept repeating. My hands were balled into fists. I was so angry. At myself, for letting this happen, at Rei for offering himself, at Mama for making him suffer. The thought made my blood boil.

A loud chuckle interrupted my sobs. My head snapped up, watery eyes trained on the woman in front of me.

"Well well, I see my doll hasn't woken up yet. I'm surprised she's still alive after all the fun we had yesterday," she smirked, showing her golden braces.

"Just because you dress him like a girl doesn't mean he is one," I shot back through gritted teeth, my voice sounding strained from screaming all night.

"Don't give me attitude or I'll have to cut off some of your good girl points," she sang and my eyes landed on the floor.

I bit my tongue to keep from doing something irrational I would probably regret later.

"Besides, I own you both. You'll be whatever I want you to be," she finished and I heard something clang against the floor.

"That's a pretty color you have on your leg" she chuckled. "But not nearly as pretty as Rei's blood. It's so bright, like his eyes. I've grown quite fond of it through the years...It makes me warm inside every time I see it," she finished and I my eyes widened, but I still didn't look up. I remained in my position, unable to blink the tears away as they fell from my wide eyes to the floor.