Chapter 74

Previous trivia: Which is Jiro's weapon of choice?

Answer: sniper

Everyone got it right! I thought for sure someone would say the handgun since it's the one I always mention in the story. The handgun is just easily portable for him. Bringing a sniper around would be a hassle, but Jiro absolutely loves his sniper.

He even named it, and yes, it's a she XD

~~~~~

The door opened with a slow, disturbing creak, immediately attracting the attention of a hundred pairs of eyes. Gazes flew across the room, the level of alertness making the tension thicken like bread in an oven. Unfortunately, the asphixiating feeling could be perceived by everyone but the one who caused it.

"This isn't the bathroom..."

Ryuu muttered as he took a look around the room full of quiet, calculating scrappers. The momentary distraction caused him to not realize the door closing until it had slammed behind him. Now he couldn't just turn around and leave. The second he gave his back toward the hard stares he'd have a thousand weapons buried against his back.

So he stood still, waiting for somebody to react or at least give a signal of life, but if he knew one thing it was that he was definitely not the patient elite. In fact, his level of patience could only come second to Jiro, and the blond didn't even know the definition of patience. It was surprising how he would transform entirely when he was behind a gun, showing how amazingly versatile the blond could really be.

He coughed, arching his fine eyebrow in question. A satisfied smile powered his lips as he caught sight of a few expressions darkening at his silent act. He wasn't the only impatient one, after all.

"What do you want?" A voice cut through the room and Ryuu shifted his gaze to the side where a boy, seemingly a bit older and brawnier, leaned against the wall in the same manner Shin constantly did.

Ryuu bit his lip at the thought, attempting to supress a smile as he noted the boy looked like he was trying a bit too hard. Shin made it look effortless, seemingly floating against the concrete in a relaxed manner. Ryuu could practically feel the burning of his icy blue stare that seemed to never leave his. 

Boy would he be mad once he realized Ryuu had wandered off.

"Right now?" The lilac haired boy hummed. "I just wanna pee."

It was partially the truth, as he could use a trip to the bathroom, but it wasn't his main intention. He wanted to see what this scrapping deal was with his own eyes.

Curiosity would one day be the death of him.

"There's no bathroom here." The male replied.

"You sure?" Ryuu pushed further, loving the feeling of walking on a tight rope above deadly vipers.

"What am I supposed to do then? Pee in your mouth-?"

"Who do you think you are?" The boy pushed off the wall with a low growl and crossed the room to Ryuu's spot.

"Right, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Ryuu-" he was once again cut off.

"Funny." The boy muttered, now inches away from his face. Ryuu was staring at himself through a pair of onyx eyes. "Listen here, new meat never talks back. Know your place if you don't want me to destroy you-"

"No, you listen here buddy." Ryuu's gaze was as dangerously playful as his smirk. "When I talk, you stay quiet like a good boy. It would be best if you stopped making empty threats and just point me to a goddamn bathroom."