Locked up

Authormeharrjdawg

Genre: Mystery/thriller/sci-fi

No. of chapter read: 3 (+3 later chapters) so a total of 6

First Impression: Prison sci fi. Haven't read anything like that before

Cover: Holly hell, what the hell is that thing? It's kinda creepy. But I think it kinda has that sci-fi edge needed for the story. Yup, looks like a cover. 

Cover rating: Snazy

Blurb: It's short and to the point. I understand the premise, and it has a small dose of mystery. The first phrase is good. I hate writing blurbs. Obviously, so do you.

Blurb rating: Clinical

Let's get it on!

Second impression: What year is this? Can't even tell when this is supposed to be happening? It's some weird form of pod jail, so... when am I?

Actual review (drum roll please):

Language: Is good. Sure, there are some commas missing or some possessives and stuff, but most of it flows really well, and since there's a no edit warning, I think I can safely assume this is going to be pretty polished soon.

The choice of words is mostly good too. Nope, can't complain, and that's a first.

Language rating: Good job

Plot:

So there's this prison guard named Jared who has this annoying wife I want to punch in the face. He's so mediocre you feel like crying for him. And then, weird shit starts to happen. Like weird, creepy shit. I got a Shutter Island vibe at some point.

People die and there you have your mystery: who killed them and why? What evil forces are at work inside that prison?

Plot rating: Uuuh, interesting!

Characters:

Jared: is another word for mediocre. He wanted to be a cop but quit because he got married so he's a prison guard instead. Close enough. He was in shape, but then got fat. He was happily married, but now his wife treats him like crap. He goes to work without much pleasure, but doesn't hate it either.

This is an interesting regular guy in unusual circumstances stories. All the makings of a classic.

Webb: remember Percy from the Green Mile? Yeah, that's Webb. Could be dead too.

Evan: Liked him, he seemed awesome.

Vivian: Still want to punch her in the face. 

Character rating: Good characters.

Wow, this review is turning into a normal review. What have you done to me???

Why I stopped reading: Because it's good and you seem to know exactly what you're doing. I'm asking for a read-swap with this one. 

Grade: Pass. Keep up the awesome work. I couldn't even be too funny with this. Enjoy your freaky song!