Made by Stars

Author:

Genre: SciFi

No. chapters read: 3 and some additional stuff

First impression: This sounds pretty nifty.

Cover: I feel like I'm on a space station. Is it a pretty picture? Yes, yes it is. Does it make me go nuts about your story? Um... no. And you know why not? Because it's an impersonal picture of Earth with some pretty writing on it. It tells me absolutely NOTHING about the story except that it's scifi. Or maybe a National Geographic documentary.

Cover rating: pretty impersonal

Blurb: Why are you screaming at me? I'm already creeped out by some stalker. Oh, wait, it's not a book about stalker. It's a book about Aliens. I kinda feel like your first two paragraphs aren't necessary. You give a little too much away with the watching Aliens. Maybe play a bit more on Avril and her feeling of always being watched. And that second paragraph could totally be from her POV.

Blurb rating: Half impersonal, half good.

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Wow, a lot of extra story parts. Again.

Actual review *drum roll please*:

Language/Writing:

I like it. Mostly. There's a good flow to it. It's pretty poetic. It's pink. Pink is a step away from purple. You could seriously tighten it up, especially the prologue. You also have some misspelled words, those annoying kind that actually sound the same (I think you have through instead of threw at some point).

Grammar and punctuation are mostly very clean, which I already knew seeing as this is the second book I review for you.

Language rating: Yay for you

Plot: It's interesting from what I managed to gather. It's like an end of the world dystopian novel with aliens. Except the world went to hell like really fast (8 months fast) and there are aliens amongst the humans, well-disguised and with impressive brain power.

Avril, my guess is, is such an alien and she's about to find out and embark on an adventure of epic proportions to save the world. Now who wouldn't want to read about that?

Plot rating: Interesting

Characters:

Avril: She seems okay. Her thoughts and attitude are very relatable. She seems like a protagonist with potential.

Twitchy weapons guy: can't tell if he's a good or bad guy. Very thin and very desperate.

Much smarter being in prologue: Is a bit arrogant, but I guess that comes with being a superior being.

Here's a slight problem I see with your story. I can't put my finger on it because I haven't read enough, but you're writing being who have surpassed human brain capacity. The thing is, we're human. I think it's pretty hard for us to imagine something beyond or power of imagination. Okay, yes to telepathy, but we couldn't even understand what 80% more of our brain could do. So it might A. make no sense, B. sound convoluted as fuck or C. come out as total gibberish.

Just something to consider.

Character rating: with potential

Why I stopped reading: I had enough. That pink prose was unbearable. Just kidding. No, I think you have something good there.

Grade: Pass. And you know it!