Shift

AuthorBdicocco

Genre: Fantasy

No. of chapter read: 3 (6 parts)

First Impression: Well, this has been sitting in my library for a while and... OMG it has magicke!!!

Cover: It's sooo pretty! *sparkly eyes* Of course, for some reason it screams Sci Fi at me rather than fantasy, but whatever, love the chick, love the font. Your cover artist did a really good job.

Cover rating: Professional

Blurb: Is informative, clean, has good grammar and is actually something I could see on the back of the book. You got my attention. Again, since it's the reason I actually added this book to my to-read pile in the first place. So yeah, can't complain.

Blurb rating: Good on ya!

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Yes, finally, imperfect heroes. Ugh, I was so sick of everyone being so damn perfect all the time.

Actual review (drum roll please):

Language: this must be one of the most polished pieces of work I've ever seen. Now, really, how dare you respect me, author? How dare you edit your work to perfection so that I may read it and enjoy the content rather than stumble on puncutation; mstakjes and typeos everywhr? How dare you NOT write in l33t?

How DARE you respect my time? What is this blasphemy? I think Wattpad is going to explode!

Language rating: Yay, edited at last!

Plot: This is pretty funny, because I can't really tell what the big plot is from the chapters I've read, but it goes like this. While out sightseeing with her annoyingly perfect cousin, Kayden witnesses a building explode. And then some weird guy apologizes for it. She finds it weird but doesn't dwell much on it.

Weird guy POV - hello Blaze. You apparently are a wizard and you made the building blow up and actually confessed it to a perfect stranger. Wow, that doesn't make you too smart. Plus, now you have to do a lot of illegal magicke to fix it. You're sooo amusing.

And of course, what better way to fix it is there than creepily going into Kayden's room and trying to wipe out her memory and actually end up telling her more? Oh, fun, fun, fun.

Okay, there are some confusing things like that damn Congregation or whatever. What exactly is it? Why does it move? And what does it do?

Plot rating: Enjoyable as fuck

Characters:

Kayden: I have to admit I didn't get a very good feel about her. She's obviously a bit stressed out, a big fan of music and jealous of her perfect cousin. I don't dislike her, but I'm not aboard the Kayden express either so far. I'm waiting for her to grow on me properly.

Blaze: Now, I got a much better feel for him. He's such a bumbling idiot, you can't help but laugh at him but also kinda like him and feel sorry for him. The way he doesn't listen to dear old dad is endearing. Yeah, I like you, you lovable oaf!

Silas Merc: Just look at that name. If that doesn't remind you of a Murloc, nothing does. He sounds positively badass just by his name. Is he? Well... I don't know. But I do know he's a control freak and a man with a spotless reputation - and probably suit.

Lexi: is Kayden's perfect cousin. The thing is, she sounds perfect, and so far... um, not annoying. Kudos for originality, but at least at first, she doesn't shove her perfectness meanly in Kayden's face. So yeah... she does kinda freak me out for having a huge wooden ornamental cross. Dirty minds inquire what she actually does with that.

Mother of Kayden: is just that so far... 

Character rating: oh, you guys!

Why I stopped reading: You know me mentioning that this was in my to-read list? Well, it's staying there and I'm moving it up a bit.

Grade: Pass with flying colors. How dare you respect me???? You may add the [I survived the most BRUTAL review] to your blurb. Enjoy your magic song!