The Red Hunter

Author: Belle_Books05

Genre: Werewolf (Yay, finally no fatasy)

No. chapters read: 2

First impression: This sounds AWESOME.

Cover: Hell, it's made by my cover artist, so it's immediately awesome. And I'm not just saying that. As your heroine's name is Rose and it has werewolves in it, I can't think of a better combination. So yes, brilliant.

Cover rating: love it

Blurb: Aww, look, a story excerpt! While it's an interesting story excrept, why not leave the damn story in the damn story? Or put it after the blurb? Because my guess is, the reader would like a glimpse of your writing. But, personally, I'd like a glimpse of your writing AFTER I read the blurb and see if the story actually interests me at all.

And if you have grammar mistakes in your blurb, I'm out of here.

So, yeah. No. Delete or move to the back.

Right, the actual blurb. It's interesting. It would make me open the book. It tells me all and nothing at the same time. Well done.

Blurb rating: Good

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Oooh, this is totally drool-worthy.

Actual review *drum roll please*:

Language/Writing:

Ah, the prologue. So good, so nice, so morbidly interesting. Huh, you missed a comma. Never mind, everyone does it. And the story is too interesting.

Chapter one. Yup, we're still good. Wait... wait, what are you doing? Stop! Stop giving me random italics. Stop using bold for emphasis... that dialogue punctuation... Noooo *melts in bad punctuation puddle*

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You're ruining my review! I wanted to praise you but then you slap a giant FLASHBACK at me, as if I'm too dim to figure it out myself and then you start writing in italics. NO! *slaps with giant fly swatter* Why. Are. You. Making. Me. FAIL. You?

Yeah, fix your paragraph spacing, fix your dialogue punctuation and fix those damn bolds and italics.

Language rating: Bad writer. Bad, bad, bad! *swats with giant fly swatter*

Plot: You have a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood except it's with werewolves and her grandma is gorily mauled in the prologue. I love me some blood and gore. So, after barely surviving the attack herself, Little Rose Riding Hood becomes a very good werewolf hunter who doesn't appear very smart or skilled just yet.

Then there's Jack who seems okay and is actually showing us how sexist werewolves are. The story seems interesting enough. I didn't catch a glimpse of the big plot, but what you have so far is enough to interest me.

One small note. That flashback. No! Why not just start the story there or give us a brief inner monologue about it instead of giving us what happened two hours ago in dodgy italics.

Plot rating: I want blood!

Characters:

Rose: I love that her name is Rosemary. I also like how brave she is. Not a big fan of her intellect so far, but I haven't read far enough. Let's just say that going into a werewolf den all poisoned isn't the smartest thing you've ever done.

Jack: gets to be the damsel in distress and is kidnapped. He seems okay from the FLASHBACK!

Kane: He seems your typical bad werewolf/crime lord stereotype. He's interesting enough so far and I hope he actually develops. Same goes for his beta. BTW, why is he old ad 40? 40 something people aren't old!

The hunter bosses: are remarkably confusing and seem a tad stupid, sending one lone hunter to deal with an entire pack. It's not a matter of skills, but of sheer number.

Character rating: interesting.

Why I stopped reading: I made up my mind about it. Plus, your chapter 2 was 18 freaking pages long and that put me off pretty quickly.

Grade: AAAAh! Alright, Pass. I so should fail you for your crappy editing, but I'm actually interested in the plot and characters enough to read on. But, I'm serious. Fix your shit!

Song: Because epic song is epic.