Unpredictability of Love

Author: @tanlines88

Genre: Humor (Finaly!)

No. chapters read: 2.1

First impression: What the actual hell?

Cover: It's a humor/romance book so the cover works It's sweet and the font is good. Yup, not complaining.

Cover rating: sweet

Blurb: I like the blurb. I don't like the placement of the text. I don't like that it's bulky. I like that you're throwing shade on Justin Bieber and I suspect that I'll like your style. I also don't mind that there's man fucks involved. I love dirty language and dirty thoughts. They're so much fun. So yeah, I'm pretty hopeful right now.

Blurb rating: FU Justin Bieber

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Oh, God, no. Why? This had so much potential.

Actual review *drum roll please*:

Language/Writing:

I was about to shove you into the fail basket and never look back. What the hell are you doing? That introduction thing is all over the place. It's terrible. Your punctuation is all over the place and some of the sentences don't make sense. You have missing words, you have misspelling words. You have weird indents on your paragraphs. It looks like you frankly don't give a shit.

I'm so out... but wait, I actually got to chapter one which is... surprisingly much better. It still has some weird paragraph spacing and crappy punctuation, but it's actually readable and I can enjoy the content.

Language rating: Fix your shit!

Plot: There's this girl Em who wants to be a journalist, so for her next story, she stalks a college drug addict and wants to interview him to write a piece about how college tuition fees makes students do drugs. I already like her.

The sterotipical bad boy notices and calls her out on all the staring and she makes up a story about how she had a crappy relationship and he's worse for some reason. Fun. He's suspiciously interested about her supposedly crappy relationship for some reason.

You got my attention. I like Em's voice and this looks like it can be a lot of fun.

Plot rating: Has Potential

Characters:

Em: Is funny. I like her voice, I like how awkward she is, and I like how her mind wonders and how she observes her environment. I think we're going to get along.

Mysterious bad boy who does drugs and has tattoos: He's actually pretty interesting. And not because he wears black, smokes weed or whatever you can smoke these days and has tattoos, but because he's interested in Em's crappy fake relationship. Why? I want to know.

Character rating: potentially interesting.

Why I stopped reading: Made up my mind, no other evil reason that would make you want to set fire to your book or to yourself.

Grade: Pass, but it's an iffy pass. I wanted to give you a meh, but your chapters are decently edited so I don't feel too guilty about it. Plus, the story seems fun.

Song: I'm stumped right now. Nothing comes to mind.